Need New HVAC Unit

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2022, 02:44 PM
Default Need New HVAC Unit

Our 15+ year old system has expired. We're considering DeSantis and Munn's but are open to other possibilities also. I welcome experiences and opinions, especially related to DeSantis vs Munn's.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

I don't have any experience with DeSantis, but I would buy a Carrier unit from Munn's. I think they are a larger company and will be more able to respond to repairs. The new unit will come with a 5 to 10 year warranty, so it is important to have a company who will be able to quickly respond when you need a repair. There are many Carrier units in The Villages installed by Munn's, so parts and service should not be an issue. I would buy the basic, single stage unit, not one of those fancy 2-stage or variable speed models. They are not worth the money and the availability of parts can be a problem. Also, if you suspect that your current unit may be undersized, you should have your house evaluated to see if a slightly larger unit would work better. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't have any experience with DeSantis, but I would buy a Carrier unit from Munn's. I think they are a larger company and will be more able to respond to repairs. The new unit will come with a 5 to 10 year warranty, so it is important to have a company who will be able to quickly respond when you need a repair. There are many Carrier units in The Villages installed by Munn's, so parts and service should not be an issue. I would buy the basic, single stage unit, not one of those fancy 2-stage or variable speed models. They are not worth the money and the availability of parts can be a problem. Also, if you suspect that your current unit may be undersized, you should have your house evaluated to see if a slightly larger unit would work better. Good luck.
Replaced our 17 year old Trane with another Trane from DeSantis. Fair price and a great experience.
Old 11-19-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
Our 15+ year old system has expired. We're considering DeSantis and Munn's but are open to other possibilities also. I welcome experiences and opinions, especially related to DeSantis vs Munn's.
Don't know what kind of system you are replacing but if there is a gas furnace as part of your HVAC...... them TECO has a nice rebate.

Rebates
Old 11-20-2022, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

We replaced our 12 year old Carrier with a whole house Mitsubishi inverter. It's very quiet, and after checking my past usage, I'm using less electricity. I especially like the phone app so I can monitor and control the unit remotely. It was installed by M&S Air Conditioning. The one thing I really like was the 12 year warranty. Couldn't ask for better service

Last edited by laryb; 11-20-2022 at 07:37 AM. Reason: addition
Closed Thread

Tags
munns, desantis, related, opinions, experiences

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.