Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Need Painter Recommendation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/need-painter-recommendation-302109/)

dewilson58 01-26-2020 08:11 AM

What's the going price for a Designer or Premier ?? Outside

Rob&Brooke143 01-26-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1712339)
I'm looking for more recent reviews of painters who have painted the exterior of homes. I've seen older recommendations for Steve Kling Painting and Oscars Quality Painting.

I'm looking for more recent reviews of these two companies and if you have had any problems or concerns with these two companies.

I'm open to other recommendations too.

Thanks to all who reply.

I've been here my whole life and, they should still be your top options. Also, I see their work vans most frequently in this area. Hope I could be of some help to you.

bouwie2 01-26-2020 08:13 AM

Oscar’s quality painting!!

Excellent work, very professional & timely...pressure wash the house 2 days
before painting...not a drop of paint left anywhere but on the house.
Do it now, March starts the rains! Good luck & have a blessed day🙏🏻

Pam Steinbach 01-26-2020 08:17 AM

We had Steve Kling's team paint the entire interior of our home and our new crown molding and window trim (installed by JSR). Steve was extremely helpful to us in selecting the colors for our home and his team did an outstanding job of painting and cleaning up afterwards. We highly recommend Steve Kling for painting.

Juliebythesea 01-26-2020 10:33 AM

We used Creative Finish I can not reccomend them more highly! A large crew came in and did the whole 3/3 house including installing crown moldings in 5 hours. Even had cleaners behind the tidying up.
You will not be disappointed!!

wmcgowan 01-26-2020 12:56 PM

angies list?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliebythesea (Post 1712861)
We used Creative Finish I can not reccomend them more highly! A large crew came in and did the whole 3/3 house including installing crown moldings in 5 hours. Even had cleaners behind the tidying up.
You will not be disappointed!!

is Angies list available in TV?

Kathy Gay 01-26-2020 02:17 PM

Steve Kling Paint painted the exterior of our house April 2019...excellent job all the way, from washing the house & gutters, to 2 coats of SW paint, painting the carriage lights, and having final inspection by SW rep. Excellent clean up too. This is a top notch business.

John_W 01-26-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmcgowan (Post 1712905)
is Angies list available in TV?

If you did a search on Talk of the Villages about results from AL, you would find that the replies on Angie's List for this area are not very reliable, more often than not, the vendors pay to be put on that list. You can look up Lady Lake and Wildwood for the communities. Many, many times the estimates are way out of line. The best way to find contractors is right here, before I moved to TV I had a 20 page pad filled with every contractor and service provider from Landscaper to Painter lined because of this site. The search button at the top of the page is the most important feature this site offers.

The day after closing, almost 9 years ago I had Investment Painters inside my home painting the interior. Fantastic job, they removed the blinds, masked all the trim and 4 painters were in and out in 8 hours.

I just recently had my Courtyard Villa exterior painted. We have 88 villas in our community and since we obtained permission 3 years ago to change the color and since the homes are now about 8 years old, 33 of the villas have had the outside repainted. 31 chose Oscar and 2 chose Steve Kling.

My villa was done in September by Oscar, first he sent a power-washer and did the entire outside of the unit. The rain gutters and downspouts looked like new when he was finished. Then Oscar and his crew of 3 others worked 8 hours. First they removed all the downspouts, sealed all the cracks in the masonry and then used Sherwin Williams best paint and rolled on two coats. Oscar was $300 cheaper than Kling.

Before, this photo is from 2013, the yellow as even more faded this year.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...59&oe=5E93DCB5

This past September when Oscar was finished, the home is almost 9 years old.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...04&oe=5ED109BD

prettyw102@aol.com 01-26-2020 05:38 PM

Hi, Oscar's Painting just painted our house three weeks ago. The guys did an amazing job! We had to change the original date by a few days because our closing was delayed, but Oscar squeezed us in. Excellent job. Highly recommend.

BRN_RI_FL 01-28-2020 06:46 PM

We just had Steve Kling paint the interior of our courtyard villa today. Very satisfied. Two coats. No complaints.

BRN_RI_FL 01-29-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucernelson (Post 1713639)
We just had Steve Kling paint the interior of our courtyard villa today. Very satisfied. Two coats. No complaints.

To expand a bit, two painters did the work. We had the walls painted but not the ceilings or moldings as it is a pretty new villa. They got here at about 8:30am and finished at about 6:30pm. The first couple of hours they did all their pre-paint prep work, taping moldings with an overhang of paper over the floor. They used a dry paint brush to sweep away any dust over the moldings prior to painting. Where the wall meets the ceiling they painted with a brush and did a great job. They also used a brush over the moldings and around the outlets. When all this was done they used a roller for the first of two coats on the large parts of the wall. I had painted our little laundry room myself previously and didn’t do a really good job where the wall meets the ceiling. They repainted this section so it now looks great. There was a section on the living room ceiling where there was overspray when the house was being finished and they repainted this section also. There were also a few sections of the ceiling where the one year warranty repairs for cracks were done and they repainted those sections. Steve Kling didn’t actually do the painting but he stopped by in the morning and returned later with extra Brownwood Bisque paint for the ceiling. A supervisor also stopped by in the morning and at the end of the job to make sure we were happy with the work. You can’t go wrong with these guys.