Need Painter Recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

What's the going price for a Designer or Premier ?? Outside
Old 01-26-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I'm looking for more recent reviews of painters who have painted the exterior of homes. I've seen older recommendations for Steve Kling Painting and Oscars Quality Painting.

I'm looking for more recent reviews of these two companies and if you have had any problems or concerns with these two companies.

I'm open to other recommendations too.

Thanks to all who reply.
I've been here my whole life and, they should still be your top options. Also, I see their work vans most frequently in this area. Hope I could be of some help to you.

Last edited by Rob&Brooke143; 01-26-2020 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-26-2020, 08:13 AM
Default Oscar’s quality painting!!

Excellent work, very professional & timely...pressure wash the house 2 days
before painting...not a drop of paint left anywhere but on the house.
Do it now, March starts the rains! Good luck & have a blessed day🙏🏻
Old 01-26-2020, 08:17 AM

We had Steve Kling's team paint the entire interior of our home and our new crown molding and window trim (installed by JSR). Steve was extremely helpful to us in selecting the colors for our home and his team did an outstanding job of painting and cleaning up afterwards. We highly recommend Steve Kling for painting.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:33 AM

We used Creative Finish I can not reccomend them more highly! A large crew came in and did the whole 3/3 house including installing crown moldings in 5 hours. Even had cleaners behind the tidying up.
You will not be disappointed!!
Old 01-26-2020, 12:56 PM
Default angies list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliebythesea View Post
We used Creative Finish I can not reccomend them more highly! A large crew came in and did the whole 3/3 house including installing crown moldings in 5 hours. Even had cleaners behind the tidying up.
You will not be disappointed!!
is Angies list available in TV?
Old 01-26-2020, 02:17 PM

Steve Kling Paint painted the exterior of our house April 2019...excellent job all the way, from washing the house & gutters, to 2 coats of SW paint, painting the carriage lights, and having final inspection by SW rep. Excellent clean up too. This is a top notch business.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcgowan View Post
is Angies list available in TV?
If you did a search on Talk of the Villages about results from AL, you would find that the replies on Angie's List for this area are not very reliable, more often than not, the vendors pay to be put on that list. You can look up Lady Lake and Wildwood for the communities. Many, many times the estimates are way out of line. The best way to find contractors is right here, before I moved to TV I had a 20 page pad filled with every contractor and service provider from Landscaper to Painter lined because of this site. The search button at the top of the page is the most important feature this site offers.

The day after closing, almost 9 years ago I had Investment Painters inside my home painting the interior. Fantastic job, they removed the blinds, masked all the trim and 4 painters were in and out in 8 hours.

I just recently had my Courtyard Villa exterior painted. We have 88 villas in our community and since we obtained permission 3 years ago to change the color and since the homes are now about 8 years old, 33 of the villas have had the outside repainted. 31 chose Oscar and 2 chose Steve Kling.

My villa was done in September by Oscar, first he sent a power-washer and did the entire outside of the unit. The rain gutters and downspouts looked like new when he was finished. Then Oscar and his crew of 3 others worked 8 hours. First they removed all the downspouts, sealed all the cracks in the masonry and then used Sherwin Williams best paint and rolled on two coats. Oscar was $300 cheaper than Kling.

Before, this photo is from 2013, the yellow as even more faded this year.

The Villages Florida

This past September when Oscar was finished, the home is almost 9 years old.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-26-2020, 05:38 PM

Hi, Oscar's Painting just painted our house three weeks ago. The guys did an amazing job! We had to change the original date by a few days because our closing was delayed, but Oscar squeezed us in. Excellent job. Highly recommend.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:46 PM
Veteran member

We just had Steve Kling paint the interior of our courtyard villa today. Very satisfied. Two coats. No complaints.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
We just had Steve Kling paint the interior of our courtyard villa today. Very satisfied. Two coats. No complaints.
To expand a bit, two painters did the work. We had the walls painted but not the ceilings or moldings as it is a pretty new villa. They got here at about 8:30am and finished at about 6:30pm. The first couple of hours they did all their pre-paint prep work, taping moldings with an overhang of paper over the floor. They used a dry paint brush to sweep away any dust over the moldings prior to painting. Where the wall meets the ceiling they painted with a brush and did a great job. They also used a brush over the moldings and around the outlets. When all this was done they used a roller for the first of two coats on the large parts of the wall. I had painted our little laundry room myself previously and didn’t do a really good job where the wall meets the ceiling. They repainted this section so it now looks great. There was a section on the living room ceiling where there was overspray when the house was being finished and they repainted this section also. There were also a few sections of the ceiling where the one year warranty repairs for cracks were done and they repainted those sections. Steve Kling didn’t actually do the painting but he stopped by in the morning and returned later with extra Brownwood Bisque paint for the ceiling. A supervisor also stopped by in the morning and at the end of the job to make sure we were happy with the work. You can’t go wrong with these guys.

Last edited by BRN_RI_FL; 01-29-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
companies, recommendations, reviews, painting, recent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.