Need power washer recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Default Need power washer recommendations

Just moved into a new to us home in Amelia and need the vinyl siding and the concrete power washed. Who do you recommend?

Thanks, Steve
Old 02-19-2018, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
Just moved into a new to us home in Amelia and need the vinyl siding and the concrete power washed. Who do you recommend?

Thanks, Steve
Recommend you not power wash. There is a "LOW" pressure wash company called Egners. Do a search on this site. Great company. I've used for several years and very happy. You don't need to be blowing water behind siding. They also pressure wash concrete and fences.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Recommend you not power wash. There is a "LOW" pressure wash company called Egners. Do a search on this site. Great company. I've used for several years and very happy. You don't need to be blowing water behind siding. They also pressure wash concrete and fences.
I second that. We use Egners every year. They recently came out and washed the iron stains off the perimeter of the house that were left there by a former lawn maintenance company. Then they used a brush scrubber to wash the driveway (which now looks brand new) and the brick walkway. It was $64 to get the iron stains off of the house, and another $66 to wash the driveway and brick walk. One time they washed mildew off the wall in back of our house.

And they are VERY nice people, from the workers to the office manager!
Old 02-19-2018, 12:35 PM

Thanks, I’ll give them a call.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Sage

I used Egners for a couple of years and when I complained about a problem, the owner was rude and couldn't care less.

I switched to Roberts Home Services. A nice gentleman named Thordis Williams. 352.321.7033. No problems since and he does a wonderful job.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-19-2018, 04:06 PM

We just used Jason at Jets Pro Cleaning and he did an EXCELLANT job and was very, very reasonable. Took him an hour and a half and we will definately use him again. He does high pressure and low pressure.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I beg to differ about Egner's, I was a first time customer, had them do the entire outside of the house. The next day I saw dark areas, and stains, I called and complained. The owned was out in a couple of hours, explained the dark areas were some moisture that would dry out shortly (he was correct), the stains were from the irrigation, and these do not come out with a power wash. He suggested SNO-CAP, which I used a couple of days later, with a hose to wash off, worked perfectly. Bottom line I will use them again.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I beg to differ about Egner's, I was a first time customer, had them do the entire outside of the house. The next day I saw dark areas, and stains, I called and complained. The owned was out in a couple of hours, explained the dark areas were some moisture that would dry out shortly (he was correct), the stains were from the irrigation, and these do not come out with a power wash. He suggested SNO-CAP, which I used a couple of days later, with a hose to wash off, worked perfectly. Bottom line I will use them again.
I should further explain that we had a specific problem with the iron stains on our house left by Fertigator's application of iron to our lawn.

We have used Egners for six yearly house washing with good results, so we called them and explained the problem. They had a solution to apply for that specific problem, and it worked like a charm. For the house they use something else. And for the driveway they used a double-brush scrubber, which I think was fed with water or something. It took off a stain from someone's electric golf cart and brightened the driveway considerably.

The scrubber also took mildew between the bricks off of the walkway.

I don't know what they used on the moldy back wall, but that also worked, and the mold has not returned after three years.

So we're very happy with Egners.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Got just the guy

Frank FALLABELA 352-212-0876.He is the BEST.

ALWAYS FAIR AND BEST GUY YOU'LL EVER MEET

PLUS he cleans roofs also.
Closed Thread

Tags
power, concrete, siding, vinyl, washed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.