Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
yup. definitely getting at least 3 quotes
I second Stipes
Old 07-06-2021, 07:54 AM
Default Gutters

Hills Gutters. Did mine last year. Great work, reasonable price and did the clean up. Recommend
Old 07-06-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
stipes
(352) 390-7744
I've used Stipes on 2 homes in The Villages. A+++
Old 07-06-2021, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Follow Oft-Offered Advice

If The Villages doesn’t do something, don’t think you have a “better idea”. I learned several different ways—installing Queen palms which died from a bad cold snap, other flowers and shrubs… and I had gutters installed where they hadn’t been installed by the Developer.

All big mistakes!

The rainwater flow on all Villages lots is carefully planned to feed into storm sewer intakes, often in the street. Screw around with that plan and you’ll wind up with large puddles and dead grass and plants where they’re not supposed to be.

In my case I made that mistake and had gutters installed where the Developer hadn’t put them, with the downspouts feeding into the ground. I found in a couple of years just the gravel from the shingles filled the drainage containers, requiring a lot of work to clean them out.

DON’T DO IT!
Old 07-06-2021, 11:56 AM

IMHO, installing gutters is not always the best answer. There are situations where you may be better off letting the rain water drip off your roof then routing it to one place around your house. That being said, avoid Leaf Filter Gutter Company. They did not install the gutter screens I ordered and refused to correct their mistake.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
If The Villages doesn’t do something, don’t think you have a “better idea”. I learned several different ways—installing Queen palms which died from a bad cold snap, other flowers and shrubs… and I had gutters installed where they hadn’t been installed by the Developer.

All big mistakes!

The rainwater flow on all Villages lots is carefully planned to feed into storm sewer intakes, often in the street. Screw around with that plan and you’ll wind up with large puddles and dead grass and plants where they’re not supposed to be.

In my case I made that mistake and had gutters installed where the Developer hadn’t put them, with the downspouts feeding into the ground. I found in a couple of years just the gravel from the shingles filled the drainage containers, requiring a lot of work to clean them out.

DON’T DO IT!
Thank you for your advice and that helped me to know that it's not necessary and you save me money !
Old 07-06-2021, 08:32 PM

I used Stipes as well; get the 6 inch
Old 07-06-2021, 08:42 PM
Default Gutters

I found Hill's to be the low bidder and was pleased with their work. My house is also 1950 as ft.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:34 AM

well talked to 4 companies so far. Stipes can't even do the work until November so they may not be in the running now

Yoda
Closed Thread

Tags
gutters, house, install, reputable, contractor/company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.