need wood base built for 6' wood statue

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Default need wood base built for 6' wood statue

Looking for wood craftsman/carpenter to build a wood base from any hard wood/oak for a 6' tall Africa statue of a man. Original has crack and statue cannot stand as is. Statue very heavy. Any ideas? thanks
Old 11-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamoon View Post
Looking for wood craftsman/carpenter to build a wood base from any hard wood/oak for a 6' tall Africa statue of a man. Original has crack and statue cannot stand as is. Statue very heavy. Any ideas? thanks
Sorry to change the subject but did your shoulder get better? You were asking for suggestions for a good physical therapist a couple of years ago.

My husband has seen the doctor twice for shoulder pain.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamoon View Post
Try contacting the Woodshop on Rolling Acres. They made a very nice stand for us at a very reasonable price. Sorry, have no idea of phone number but someone on here might know.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-08-2017, 05:31 PM

Try The Villages Woodworkers.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
Try The Villages Woodworkers.
HI I went there and was told they would never do a personal project in someone's house. I talked with several men and they all said no not interested. But thanks so much for the thought as it was a good one. They gave me a name of a guy who is a carpenter and he did come to my house and told me at first he would charge 40.00 an hour and it might take 2 hours. Then he kept changing his amount of time and finally concluded with it would cost about $600.00 to do the job. I just can't imagine why it would cost so much for this type of job so I didn't call him back.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Default Found the best physical therapist

HI and thanks for asking. I did have rotator cuff surgery and went to a therapist for six months as I wanted to get back to having the shoulder of a young person, ha ha! And yes its great now so thanks for asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sorry to change the subject but did your shoulder get better? You were asking for suggestions for a good physical therapist a couple of years ago.

My husband has seen the doctor twice for shoulder pain.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:12 PM

Not sure why but they have no interest in this type of job. Its an African statue over 6' tall and they gave me the name of a guy who does this type of work. But he wanted $600.00 for the job and I just couldn't see it costing that much so I never called him back. Thanks however for the advice as that was a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Try contacting the Woodshop on Rolling Acres. They made a very nice stand for us at a very reasonable price. Sorry, have no idea of phone number but someone on here might know.
Closed Thread

Tags
statue, wood, base, stand, crack

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.