Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,372 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
Many men would strongly disagree.
Many women agree with many men:

Older Women,Long Hairstyles -Get ready for 2018 | Long hair older women | Long gray hair, Long hair styles, Silver grey hair
Old 07-07-2019, 08:16 PM

Definitely beautiful women of age.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I called yesterday and the manager at Lake Sumter Location said that there had been no increase in prices.

Women's hair cut is still 17 .
Maybe it’s just the Brownwood location?? There was also a sign on my stylist’s station that said there was going to be a price increase.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Maybe Cal's in Brownwood read about the VIP tent and are seeing what the Market will accept. To get a haircut from the correct person is Priceless.

You really did a public service by alerting others. You should be commended. Now the customers won't be Stroking Out when the price is higher and they find out when they get to Cal's. Now they know in advance and can make their decision.

All the heads to cut coming from the other side of the Pike. Do the math, a couple of bucks here & there will add up for the Brownwood Businesses. Haven't heard much about empty stores and all that kind of thing down that way lately? What's up with that? Someone is Snoozing!
Old 07-07-2019, 10:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I’ve been a customer at Cals in Brownwood for over 2 years now. I get my short hair dry cut for 17+ tip. She spends about 12 minutes with me. Today I was informed that as of Sept. 3rd, prices will go up to 28 dollars for wash and cut...no blow dry. I was a bit taken back. Going from 17 to 28 PLUS extra to blow dry is a big difference. I could see if wash, cut and blow dry was offered for 28 but without blow dry is a lot. They will no longer offer the dry (spray bottle wet) hair cut. Now...before you tell me how cheap 28 is for a wash and cut, it’s not where I come from. I paid that for full service. Once again, because we live in the villages we get taken advantage of for women’s services. Time to find a hair cut for 28.00 inclusive of wash, cut and blow dry.
$28 sounds like a bargain to me. I paid $75 where I came from.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:27 AM
Gold member

Considering g how much hair Ihave left I ten minutes or less is fine with me. I had my last haircut in Hilton Head and I was jumping out of my skin with the amount of time I was in the chair.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
$28 sounds like a bargain to me. I paid $75 where I came from.
I pay $14 in NY.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Maybe it’s just the Brownwood location?? There was also a sign on my stylist’s station that said there was going to be a price increase.
Maybe you could call them, and put an end to speculation?
Old 07-08-2019, 07:24 AM
Sage

It's NOT speculation. Was told by a stylist they will no longer offer just the cut but from (whenever the date is) it will be a hair-wash, then the cut and style. But wasn't told the cost as it wasn't known at the time. I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot as many women have short hair that doesn't need styling. So perhaps will be losing some of their business. There's always Cost Cutters, Fantastic Sams and others like that. BUT then you run the risk of not having the same person each time as they tend not to stay.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Default I am a stylist at cals Spanish spring

I am a stylist at Cal's in Spanish spring. I would like to inform you all that only brownwood has increased their pricing. Spanish springs, colony plaza and Sumter are not practicing in this increase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
This seemed a little unreasonable as Cal's just raised the price for basic ladies wetting, cut, blow dry from $15 to $17 2 years ago...after being $15 for quite a while.

I just called Cal's at Colony and asked about this rumored price increase. They said there is no pending price increase for basic wetting, cut, and blow dry. They did say if you went to Brownwood or Spanish Springs and got the "full" shampoo, cut, Style, blow dry then that price is $28.

So, I think this one is a bad rumor or a misunderstanding.

Last edited by Aburnette85; 07-09-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Default I am a stylist at cals Spanish spring

I am a stylist at Cal's in Spanish spring. I would like to inform you all that only brownwood has increased their pricing. Spanish springs, colony plaza and Sumter are not practicing in this increase.
Quote:
I’ve been a customer at Cals in Brownwood for over 2 years now. I get my short hair dry cut for 17+ tip. She spends about 12 minutes with me. Today I was informed that as of Sept. 3rd, prices will go up to 28 dollars for wash and cut...no blow dry. I was a bit taken back. Going from 17 to 28 PLUS extra to blow dry is a big difference. I could see if wash, cut and blow dry was offered for 28 but without blow dry is a lot. They will no longer offer the dry (spray bottle wet) hair cut. Now...before you tell me how cheap 28 is for a wash and cut, it’s not where I come from. I paid that for full service. Once again, because we live in the villages we get taken advantage of for women’s services. Time to find a hair cut for 28.00 inclusive of wash, cut and blow dry.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Default What cals were you going to

May I ask what cals where you at? I am a stylist at cals in Spanish springs and we get make our own timing in haircuts. We are all independent contractors. I schedule 30 min for wet down cut 30 min men cut and 45 min shampoo cut nd style. I like to take time with my clients making them feel special and I have never been pressured to quicken my time as my booth is my mini buisness
Old 08-27-2019, 10:17 AM

I was told the same thing. The barbers (mostly men) can still do dry cuts for $17.00, although rumor is they don't like to cut women's hair. While the stylists can still do a dry cut the price will be $28. I was also told that it's only the Brownwood location. Isn't that interesting? For the smart-mouth that suggested we go buy clippers @ Wal-Mart...if you have nothing positive to contribute then please don't say anything @ all. Due to some small SK's on my scalp (which I'm not willing to remove yet) I don't want someone else vigorously washing my hair. I don't need to pay for that service. Unfortunately for my stylist of 2+ years I didn't make my next appointment. She knows why. Not sure what I'm going to do.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbenjamin View Post
I was told the same thing. The barbers (mostly men) can still do dry cuts for $17.00, although rumor is they don't like to cut women's hair. While the stylists can still do a dry cut the price will be $28. I was also told that it's only the Brownwood location. Isn't that interesting? For the smart-mouth that suggested we go buy clippers @ Wal-Mart...if you have nothing positive to contribute then please don't say anything @ all. Due to some small SK's on my scalp (which I'm not willing to remove yet) I don't want someone else vigorously washing my hair. I don't need to pay for that service. Unfortunately for my stylist of 2+ years I didn't make my next appointment. She knows why. Not sure what I'm going to do.
I hope you don't consider it smart mouthed to ask what is an "SK"?
Old 08-27-2019, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Seborrheic keratoses | American Academy of Dermatology
Might be this
Closed Thread

Tags
cut, dry, blow, hair, wash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.