New Home Inspections

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Default New Home Inspections

Getting ready to close on a new home and looking for a Home Inspection Co that does not just go thru the house and make sure the light bulbs work and then charge $250+. The last place I bought here in the Villages was "recommended" by The Village Realtors and it seemed after I moved in that there were several things he "neglected" to find.

Now I am once again moving into a new home and The Village Realtors have given me a list of 7 "Home Inspectors" to check out the home before closing. I am not sure I trust any of them as to being "Thorough" enough to justify.

Can someone "please" suggest someone? Thank you...
Old 02-13-2011, 11:04 PM

This is from previous postings on TOTV that I have saved.
HouseMaster by Greg Simon at 352-243-4553, 877-243-4553 & website www.housemaster.com

Check out this post too.
Great Home Inspector
Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Is this a pre-owned home or a new construction. If a new construction, you're better off waiting to have the inspection until close to the end of one-year warranty.

I highly recommend J.R. Raspel. He is very professional and thorough. 888-730-2272

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-14-2011, 03:04 AM

I would recommend Lon Barnaby. He's a resident and licensed home inspector.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Default Home Inspection

We used The Villages Home inspections , His name is Ken Bernier 352 446-5028. Very Satisfied.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 AM

I think the best is Jim Hiestand, Allied home inspections 50 years experience 352-459-8459
Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcj91 View Post
We used The Villages Home inspections , His name is Ken Bernier 352 446-5028. Very Satisfied.
We also used Ken & are very satisfied!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Tom Comer, Fruitland Park
http://www.comerinspections.com/

great inspection and professional report, too. was at the house for hours!

not affiliated with any realtors or the villages - independent! but more than familiar with the homes built by the villages developer! - that was most important to us!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Tom Comer, Fruitland Park
http://www.comerinspections.com/

great inspection and professional report, too. was at the house for hours!

not affiliated with any realtors or the villages - independent! but more than familiar with the homes built by the villages developer! - that was most important to us!
We used Tom Comer and ws very Happy. Made a second trip to verify something was corrected at no additional charge. Great report.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Veteran member

We just used HouseMasters and their comprehensive report may have saved us thousands $. Well worth the investment if not only for peace of mind. Yes they did say a few lights did not work in the kitchen (may be bulbs) but they found stuff I would never see in a walkthrough. Don't forget the pest inspection also, even though there are no bugs in the Villages LOL
Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
We just used HouseMasters and their comprehensive report may have saved us thousands $. Well worth the investment if not only for peace of mind. Yes they did say a few lights did not work in the kitchen (may be bulbs) but they found stuff I would never see in a walkthrough. Don't forget the pest inspection also, even though there are no bugs in the Villages LOL
How are their charges?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
How are their charges?
We used Comer Inspection Services and the charge was $360 which included a Termite inspection by Avalon Seven, DBA A7. The report given was in a spiral bound booklet, quite extensive and included photos of problems found. There were 26 pages to the report, the Termite report and several pages of related information. Quite a professional operation!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Another vote for Tom Comer. Used another company on the first home and Tom on others. He was way better, more through, better report, slightly more money, but well worth it. I feel I know how to look at most things in a home, but he went above and beyond anything I have every seen with a home inspection.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:27 AM
Veteran member

House Masters fee was was pretty standard $250 plus a fee for the pool. They guarantee the items they say are in good shape except for appliances. many items were basic weekender fix-ems but it saved me alot of time not having to do those things on move in. Things are always what they appear nor did I see many of the "issues".
Old 02-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
House Masters fee was was pretty standard $250 plus a fee for the pool. They guarantee the items they say are in good shape except for appliances. many items were basic weekender fix-ems but it saved me alot of time not having to do those things on move in. Things are always what they appear nor did I see many of the "issues".
Sounds reasonable-Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.