New Residents BEWARE

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2019, 09:36 AM

My personal experience with this company... I signed on with them the week I moved in (early Nov). All the reps from the different companies stopped in and I went with them because the "sales guy" gave me a good vibe - softspoken, not pushy, had pages of references. I was in a hurry to get pest control, but my fault for not checking anything as I'm usually very careful, thorough and suspicious in any sales situation. After that the owner came by and brought the wife and I on a tour of several landscaping jobs he did. He seemed to really know his stuff and his jobs looked really good, so we contracted some landscaping through him.

Only after all this did I really come to know the company's reputation. The landscaping turned out great (lots of compliments from neighbors) - workers were great to deal with, but they were tardy on the lawn and pest visits and I had to call the office. They made good on everything but it still really ticked me off I had to do that. Then lately I noticed things seemed to be changing - guys showing up on schedule for lawn and pest. Last week they were here for the lawn and I talked to one of the crew we got to know during the landscaping install and he said the company got sold to a person he named (can't remember) and the old owner was now relegated to just doing the landscaping.

Now this could all be BS, but I will say the people who show up lately know their stuff and appear to be concerned and interested in doing what's right for me.
Would I recommend them right now.. probably not knowing their past history, but they don't appear to be crooks just interested in screwing me as far as I can see... we'll see.

Just thought I would post my personal experience for balance.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Flyguy, they’re always good the first six months. Once they’ve gotten enough contracts, they revert to form. That’s the way they’ve always worked.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Gold member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Seniors vs Crime has an office in The Villages, is authorized and directed by the Florida Attorney General, and spent $366K of taxpayer money in 2017. According to one poster, they have a 6 inch thick file on Service Smart. So, what are they doing with my tax money?
What they are doing is warning anyone smart enough to ask them about bad companies. They aren’t law enforcement.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
What they are doing is warning anyone smart enough to ask them about bad companies. They aren’t law enforcement.
I disagree. That may be what they are "actually" doing, but it is not what they are supposed to be doing. Seniors vs Crime is a program funded by and partnered with the Florida Attorney General. They are supposed to assist local law enforcement and the state Attorney General to prosecute law breakers. That is what the program receives taxpayer money to do.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 01-15-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
tempted, contact, seniors, inches, thick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.