NEW!! The TOTV Home Improvement Section

Old 02-22-2014, 05:07 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default NEW!! The TOTV Home Improvement Section

The all NEW Home Improvement Section
(Just started at the end of January 2014)

This section can be accessed by going to the top of the site and in the TAN subject bar
click on "HOME IMPROVEMENTS". Here is the direct link for your convenience:

CLICK HERE FOR THE
HOME IMPROVEMENT SECTION

We have heard many of your requests for this section loud and clear and we are happy to say it's HERE and ready for everyone to enjoy!! THIS IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL YOUR HOME IMPROVEMENT NEEDS. IF YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR HOUSE… USE THIS SECTION!! Maybe your looking for Blinds but then see other things you can do to your house that you didn't even know existed!!

FEATURES:

-Organized Alphabetical Sections for Home Improvement Needs
-Diversified Categories for all your Home Improvement Needs
-Large COLOR LISTINGS of each Business/Contractor with many having special deals for Villagers
-5 STAR RATINGS!! Lend your fellow Villagers some good advice by giving each business you have used a 1 thru 5 rating!! Of course if they were good to you 5 STARS is the best.
-DIRECTIONS - A button you can click and shows the business location/ directions in GOOGLE MAPS.
-CREATE/READ REVIEWS A button you can click that goes right to a POST with all the hand written reviews from your fellow Villagers for your convenience. POST YOUR REVIEW TODAY!!

We are creating some more features but want to hear from you!! This sites success has always and will forever be because of YOU!! Feel free to tell us how much you love it, any glitches you experience and of course ideas and improvements to make it even better for you!

Simply reply to this post… Thanks again to everyone for your support over the past year making this section a reality. Please use these contractors and businesses and give the star ratings and reviews. Check it often and especially when looking for Home Improvements!!

Admin
Old 02-22-2014, 05:30 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Yes.. any business/ Contractor that would like to be a part of this section…please email us:

TalkOfTheVillages@gmail.com

Admin
Old 03-04-2014, 12:09 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Reminder everyone.. Please post your feedback for this new Home Improvement section on here… We have been getting emails but please post your comments here for all to see and join in...

Have you checked it out?
Do you like?
Improvements?

Here is link again to it:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo..._Directory.php

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!
Thanks for your support, Admin
Old 03-04-2014, 06:16 AM

When can we post a rating?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Administrator

You can click on the star rating currently and rate these businesses. We are going to be adding a place for a comment to be made for a review.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Default Star rating accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
You can click on the star rating currently and rate these businesses. We are going to be adding a place for a comment to be made for a review.
To Admin:
To test the credibility of the star ratings in your new "Home Improvements" section, I just gave a business that I've never used a 5 star rating. What's to prevent competitors from tampering with these star ratings?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Administrator

We control it on the back end of the website and if a user abused it, that would violate the rules of the forum and jeopardize there future on the site. But if someone tried to do specifically what you are saying above the star rating system is similar to Amazon or other star rating system as a user can only vote once per user for each advertiser. So eventually with many many people voting the star ratings indicate the majority of legitimate ratings just like "YELP" and other star ratings. In the end with all the users participation and support these ratings will accomplish what everyone is looking for which is to get a good idea of the contractor. We will have coming soon that you can read or make reviews which will also help fellow Villagers and add to the validity of the feedback.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:59 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2016 View Post
When can we post a rating?
FYI.. You can now rate any business with star ratings (must be logged in)

Also.. brand new this week!!!
A new button is now next to each advertiser called:

CREATE / READ REVIEWS

This will take you to a forum page with reviews that you can read or and you can post (make sure your logged in) reviews.. Admin

Here is the link to it again but you can access this section at the top of the site:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo..._Directory.php
Old 06-09-2014, 11:07 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

FYI - The TOTV Home Improvement section is complete and adding more and more contractors all the time…

Please be sure to be LOGGED IN when using this section so you can give a STAR rating to the businesses you have used, etc so it helps fellow Villagers. Also, you can create or read personal reviews as well for each one or simply click on the COLORFUL INFORMATION and go directly to the contractors website.

All the info you could want is on here when looking for ANY Home Improvements. If you are looking for good contractors or businesses we ask that you use this section and rate them honestly. By doing this, we will only have a section of the best contractors for all Villagers!!!

We would love to hear your feedback on this section… Admin
Old 07-17-2014, 02:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

UPDATE - Again thanks for all your responses through email you have sent and
glad you like The Home Improvement Section

Everything we got was very positive as more and more companies are in coming in all the time to have Villagers have an easy one stop shop area with reviews by VILLAGERS!!!!!

One suggestion is to have clear instructions on how to vote on the 5 star rating (which is at the top of this section but we are making it better). Be sure if you know a business and worked with them… to rate them and also give a written review by clicking on the button and it will take you directly to that Business/Contractor Post which you can add your review. Remember you must be logged in to vote or write reviews so if you have not registered on the site… do so today as it's free.. Thanks to all…

TOTV STAFF
Old 12-04-2014, 01:29 AM

yep.. thanks.. great section.. I am sure many on this use it like I do..
Old 12-16-2014, 02:05 PM

Love this section.. I am a part timer in The Villages but have used this section.. nothing better I have seen.. Thanks for everyones comments as I read them and 5 star ratings.. I actually did a couple the other day myself
Old 01-02-2017, 10:43 AM

okay
Old 01-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Default Needing Referrals

Where can I post a request for a referral for a job I am looking to have done. Specifically, I am wanting to ask Villagers who they would recommend (and are using) for their lawn to be mowed, edged and trimmed?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Also where can I post a request for referrals of new doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc?

have a blessed day,
Old 03-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Hi Admin, just wanted to share my experience. I'm a retired IT professional of 35 yrs, a new villager and am looking for guidance on a contractor for a room addition. I was trying to find the comments that substantiate the ratings given for various providers. I noticed many businesses have several ratings/reviews, but when I try to read the comments, some have some, some have none. While clicking around to find the "magic" button that would lead me to the comments I couldn't find, I'm pretty sure I inadvertently rated a business provider I have no dealings with. To help us feel more educated about the info and feedback/ratings provided, I feel it would be better to force some sort of comment in addition to a rating? I think this forum is FANTASTIC, every little bit helps to make us feel better about the info we use to make educated decisions when spending money with service providers. THANKS!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.