Not happy with Jim Baumgartner

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2017, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Where is RickeyD? He gave very useful posts.
Disconnecting the blue wire does not disable Solar Sync. It disables the Seasonal Adjustment Setting.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

I use Joe Tucker.....great kid!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Disconnecting the blue wire does not disable Solar Sync. It disables the Seasonal Adjustment Setting.

A distinction with no difference. Solar Sync is still operable but controlling nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Gold member

My experience with Jim and another guy named Chip from Action Irrigation is the same. Neither one wanted to do any labor intensive work. They want to "adjust" sprinkler heads and other easy task that take minimum time and then charge you for doing something I could have easily done my self. I asked Chip to move two sprinkler heads about three feet after I installed a flower bed and he said he does not move sprinkler heads in the summer. What a crock. Also his "adjustments" to my sprinkler heads were unnecessary and I had to go back and redo most of them after he was done. Had water spraying on the house, sidewalks and street. My impression is that neither of these guys have had any professional training and get buy by fast talking people who know nothing about sprinkler systems. I asked them both about throw distances and volume on the different types of heads and never received a straight answer. Save you money and research YouTube to learn how to do it yourself.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:57 PM

Chip Action Irrigation is the best in The Villages
Old 07-24-2017, 07:04 PM
Sage
Default Not happy with Jim Baumgartner

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
My experience with Jim and another guy named Chip from Action Irrigation is the same. Neither one wanted to do any labor intensive work. They want to "adjust" sprinkler heads and other easy task that take minimum time and then charge you for doing something I could have easily done my self. I asked Chip to move two sprinkler heads about three feet after I installed a flower bed and he said he does not move sprinkler heads in the summer. What a crock. Also his "adjustments" to my sprinkler heads were unnecessary and I had to go back and redo most of them after he was done. Had water spraying on the house, sidewalks and street. My impression is that neither of these guys have had any professional training and get buy by fast talking people who know nothing about sprinkler systems. I asked them both about throw distances and volume on the different types of heads and never received a straight answer. Save you money and research YouTube to learn how to do it yourself.

You are a smart man. Want to go into the sprinkler repair business with me ??? [emoji51]

Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Zoysia Lawn

After spending 6 years of my time a lot of money a lot of lawn companies trying to manage my lawn I've come to realize
It is what it is..
I get it! I told a neighbor just a few months ago "relax neighbor it's just grass"!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:11 AM

Just made the switch to Joe Tucker and I am so happy I did. Very knowledgeable and by the way, he listens to you. Replaced a rain sensor, a faulty head and adjusted my system VERY reasonable.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 AM
theruizs

It's not how often you water that's most important, it's total run time. If you run 10mn three times a week or 30mn once, it's the same amount of water. But I would suggest the 3 times at shorter periods is better. The ground here is sandy and drains quickly. Watering more often but for less time seems better, IMHO.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
It's not how often you water that's most important, it's total run time. If you run 10mn three times a week or 30mn once, it's the same amount of water. But I would suggest the 3 times at shorter periods is better. The ground here is sandy and drains quickly. Watering more often but for less time seems better, IMHO.

The soil is different throughout the Villages and can differ from
one block to another, one side of your yard to the other. There is no one watering schedule that fits every yard.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
So basically, I only need to water once every couple of years as long as I do so with massive amounts of water?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
So basically, I only need to water once every couple of years as long as I do so with massive amounts of water?

Just save some money before you do that though. Or you could mortgage your home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-15-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
The soil is different throughout the Villages and can differ from
one block to another, one side of your yard to the other. There is no one watering schedule that fits every yard.
The implication is that you've got total freedom with respect to the watering schedule for your property. But, aren't watering schedules mandated by TV? Or does everyone just ignore that?
--
Bob C
Old 08-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxfan View Post
The implication is that you've got total freedom with respect to the watering schedule for your property. But, aren't watering schedules mandated by TV? Or does everyone just ignore that?

--

Bob C

TV suggests watering schedules, but the Southwest Florida Water Management District is the controlling agency. They are the agency that recently mandated a reduction to 1 day of watering a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxfan View Post
--
Bob C
I didn't imply anything. I have no idea what "everyone" else does. Depending upon your soil the following may apply. Multiple watering days at minimum times or a single watering day at the maximum times.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, leak, adjust, dollars, deal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.