Beware Jenkins Honda

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Default Beware Jenkins Honda

On April 24th I sold them my Honda Van and they assured me that after paying off my loan balance I would receive a check in about 5-7 business days. A week went by and I decided to check with Honda Finance. They did not receive payment. When I went back to Jenkins to ask why they hadn't sent payment, they couldn't find any paperwork showing they had purchased my vehicle even though my van was posted for sale on their website. They made me fill out everything all over again. By this time my payment to the finance company was past due. Another week passed and still no money from Jenkins. Their Manager told me that they were waiting for the title and release of lien. Furious, I complained to Honda Corporate Headquarters. After calling Jenkins they discovered that the dealer not only had the title in hand but had sold my van without paying me. Finally, on May 17, almost a month after my first visit and numerous phone calls between Honda Corporate, American Honda Finance and the Better Business Bureau I was paid. If you're thinking of buying a Honda I strongly suggest not using Jenkins.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:20 PM

Wow, I'm not a fan of Ocala Honda. Where can we go to buy a Honda?

Rollie
Old 08-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
Wow, I'm not a fan of Ocala Honda. Where can we go to buy a Honda?

Rollie

Orlando
Old 08-01-2016, 05:21 PM

I would not purchase a car from any Jenkins dealership after my experience at their Volkswagen location. They are very high pressured. After saying I wasn't going to purchase, they continued calling me for weeks.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLar View Post
I would not purchase a car from any Jenkins dealership after my experience at their Volkswagen location. They are very high pressured. After saying I wasn't going to purchase, they continued calling me for weeks.
I HATE high pressure sales of any kind.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Gold member

I purchased my new Nissan from Jenkins in Lakeland. There dealership was straight up and honest. I was very sceptical but they honored everything they said they would and we purchased from them..

They also have $5. oil changes and $19 tire rotations. Pretty cheap....

Anyway, when Jenkins bought the Nissan dealership in Leesburg...I thought whippee..no more hour trip to Lakeland....NOT

when I called Leesburg Nissan and inquired about there services, there prices were high...oil change and all.

I said what gives....your jenkins....

they answered..THERE ARE TWO JENKINS BROTHERS .. and the brother who ownes Lakeland is not the same as the one who owns Leesburg...

who knew? gotta find the right brothers dealership......
Old 08-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you want to have a guranteed price and no haggling, go to Carmax. The nearest here are Orlando, Sanford and Gainesville, the one in Ocala is Automax, a different company. They will pay whatever the KBB wholesale price is, or at least in my case they did two times and was right to the dollar. They will cut you a check on the spot if you have the title.

Just go to KBB.com and look up selling your auto. Choose wholesale to dealer and select the condition and options of your car and they paid me the exact price both times. When my father passed away I sold his Van because I didn't need it, need want to trade for a new car, or sell in the newspaper or Craig's List and deal with strangers. Neat and clean operation, just drive in and tell them you want to sell. The appraiser will drive the car and they'll give you a price with in 30 or so minutes. Later when my mother passed away and I didn't need her car, I sold it to Carmax again. Same situation, they paid the exact KBB wholesale price.

The Villages Florida
Old 08-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Veteran member

Wow thanks for the information. We where just considering shopping for a new CRV. We will pass on Jenkins for sure.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,149 Times in 2,248 Posts

OP, reminds me of when I purchased a new 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible, paid CASH, well actually a check. A month later, I had not received the title. Then I got a bill from Chrysler LEASING. Long story short, it took several phone calls, and the threat of involving lawyers to have this fixed. Fast forward to 2005, and I purchased a new Dodge Magnum, all the paperwork was made up, paid in full by check, four weeks later No title. Called, found out I did NOT own the car!! The dealer pulled the WRONG title for the vehicle (they pulled the paperwork for a Jeep). Finally got my paper work, after several calls, the one thing that was great, was because of their mistake, the Jeep was now a USED vehicle!!
SO, the last car I bought, I double checked all of the paperwork before I left with the car. As for trade in or buying my car, I sold all of my cars myself, the dealers never offered anything close to market value. Sorry for your hassle, but thank you for the warning.

Tags
honda, jenkins, finance, payment, van

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.