Need Car rental

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Default Need Car rental

Coming in next week to look for home
Second visit!
Need a car rental from Orlando Airport
What is the way to get best price for 6 days?
Best Company?
Old 07-11-2019, 12:35 AM

Check on the Clark Howard site for some good info on car rental. I found that if you can get a car that is a shuttle ride away from the airport, they are less expensive. However, if you have trouble getting around, are hauling a lot of bags or have a pet with you, it may be best to get a car that is right at the terminal. Also if you go with an shuttle ride, the rental process will eat an extra hour or so of your time. Plan on that if your arrival time is late in the day.

Good Luck
Old 07-11-2019, 04:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

If you have no success with you US search give this site a look. They are UK based, but will take bookings from abroad.
I usually find them the most competetive out of Orlando (MCO).
With the $ strong against the GB Pound it may be a deal.
Cheap Car Hire, Compare Rental Prices - Rentalcars.com
Old 07-11-2019, 07:02 AM
Default COSTCO Travel

Visit their travel site, even if you have no membership card, to compare their prices. You will see the four rental companies they use which has been Alamo, Enterprise, Budget and Avis.

However, to book you would need a membership. Using an executive membership gets you a better discount. Renting from Costco allows you an additional driver at no cost.

I have used them 36 times over the past few years. Most times my best deal has been from Alamo. And Alamo is the first renta agency on the first floor of the rental building directly across from the rental counters.

When I rent through Costco I usually begin my rental process about two weeks or more before travel. However, I follow-up weekly checking for a better deal.

My next rental starts on July 13th. My first rental reservation was with Alamo for 14 days was approximately $550. A week later my wife said she wanted an additional day. Cost $628. I didn't take it. Checked a few days later got the extra day no cost change. A few days later same 15 days cost now $528. The bottom line is I'm now down to $440 for 15 days, taxes and fees included. No cost to make new reservation or cancel old ones.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In 2016 someone ran into the back of my car and their insurer, Travelers, paid for a rental car while mine was being repaired at Car Guys in Lady Lake.

Car Guys recommended Enterprise who are at LSL. When I arrived at the repair shop they called Enterprise. After I completed the paperwork, I waited maybe 10 minutes and Enterprise had an SUV waiting to pick me up and take me to LSL. I drove a Hyundai Sonata for a week and when my car was fixed, I went to Enterprise, dropped off the Sonata and they drove me back to Car Guys.

Enterprise at Lake Sumter Landing
Old 07-12-2019, 08:07 AM
Gold member

I find Hotwire for car rentals to be a good source for price comparisons. They will give you the prices for all rental companies, on-site and off-site. I usually end up with Budget or Alamo.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:12 PM

Update to my recent rental. As mentioned in my earlier post I initially started with a 14 day rental for $560. I was then at $440 for 15 days. I checked Costco offerings this morning while at the airport and rebooked at $413.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Update to my recent rental. As mentioned in my earlier post I initially started with a 14 day rental for $560. I was then at $440 for 15 days. I checked Costco offerings this morning while at the airport and rebooked at $413.
A big DITTO...on Costco Travel.

After probably close to 50 times renting a car in the last 8-10 years...I have yet to find anyone that can beat them.

In fact, even if someone doesn't want to shop at Costco itself (for whatever strange reason), getting a Costco membership for even just a one week auto rental...will most likely pay for that membership.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, rental, airport, company, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.