Painting home audio speakers

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Default Painting home audio speakers

Does anyone know a person or company able to paint home audio speakers? The two speakers are about 6' high and taper from a bottom depth of 16 " to a top depth of 2". Width is 14". The sides and back would be painted, not the front. I realize the speakers need sanding, priming and painting and this would have to be done at a facility capable of painting large objects. Maybe an auto painting company could do what I want. Color would be gloss white and the speaker cabinets are MDF.

Thanks,

Ray
Old 10-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlag10 View Post
Does anyone know a person or company able to paint home audio speakers? The two speakers are about 6' high and taper from a bottom depth of 16 " to a top depth of 2". Width is 14". The sides and back would be painted, not the front. I realize the speakers need sanding, priming and painting and this would have to be done at a facility capable of painting large objects. Maybe an auto painting company could do what I want. Color would be gloss white and the speaker cabinets are MDF.

Thanks,

Ray
Ray, since speakers are MDF, you can do this yourself. The front grill should be removable. Painters tape and kraft paper can be used to cover the speakers. A light sanding, say 400 grit followed by a wiping down with a damp rag will do. This would be followed by an application of a spray primer (color appropriate for final finish), and after sufficient time, the final coat. ACE, Lowe's, and Home Depot all carry suitable spray paints for wood projects. I have done similar work in my garage. Harbor Freight among others has inexpensive drop clothes to protect the garage floor.
Hope this helps.

Tags
painting, speakers, home, depth, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.