Painting metal roof

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts
Default Painting metal roof

My stepson has a mobile home, ridged metal roof, and metal roof extension for porch, about 1200 square feet of roof. We recently repainted the house and the trim, but the roof needs to be repainted also, not a project I am interested in.

So I am looking for advice on suitable painters, paint, approximate cost, and any other items I should look out for. I was a Lowe's, and 5 gallons of paint ranged from $69 to $255, warranty from 7 years to 50 years, and reviews all over the place. Also, all appeared to be roller application or professional high pressure spray equipment.

I did call one well known painter he said around $1000, sounded reasonable, but we did not get into details. Roof will be painted white, no tinting, but would like at least a 15 year warranty.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to send a private message if you do not want your reply on the public forum.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:06 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
My stepson has a mobile home, ridged metal roof, and metal roof extension for porch, about 1200 square feet of roof. We recently repainted the house and the trim, but the roof needs to be repainted also, not a project I am interested in.

So I am looking for advice on suitable painters, paint, approximate cost, and any other items I should look out for. I was a Lowe's, and 5 gallons of paint ranged from $69 to $255, warranty from 7 years to 50 years, and reviews all over the place. Also, all appeared to be roller application or professional high pressure spray equipment.

I did call one well known painter he said around $1000, sounded reasonable, but we did not get into details. Roof will be painted white, no tinting, but would like at least a 15 year warranty.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to send a private message if you do not want your reply on the public forum.
You priced latex paint at Lowes, which is wrong for this application. You didn't state how much the primer would cost. No one can give you a 15 yr warranty on a roof in this climate. I have been a painter since 1966 and have never seen a paint that would last 50yr no mater what the can says. That being said contact a metal roof company for their recommendation for this project. I hope this helps. Len
Old 05-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Villagetinker I sent you a PM with a little more clarification. Len
Closed Thread

Tags
roof, metal, paint, repainted, warranty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.