Palm Trees

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Default Palm Trees

I would like to purchase many palm trees and have them planted in our yard in Mallory Square. Looking for suggestions on reputable and reasonable dealers. Also, is permission needed to have this done. If so are there any restrictions on type, size, or number of trees per yard? Thankyou
Old 12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Re: Palm Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by germandjcarl
I would like to purchase many palm trees and have them planted in our yard in Mallory Square. Looking for suggestions on reputable and reasonable dealers. Also, is permission needed to have this done. If so are there any restrictions on type, size, or number of trees per yard? Thankyou
None that I know of, at the present. I just had 3 put in and going to do 3-5 more later. There has been several put in at homes down the street here in Mallory. We live on Hengan Place off Bishopville Loop.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:18 AM

i am a landscaper here in the villages.my company name is landscape productions.i can take care of your palm needs.yes you have to submite any alterations to your home to the a.r.c.it is ease todo and i do it for all my new costomers.my name is tracy and my phone#is 352-390-7135
Old 12-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Please remember that by taking a look at the
Local Businesses and Services
forum you can find the good people who are sponsoring your forum.
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm...ard,317.0.html

Landscapes Productions is one of those firms. Check out its ad at
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm...ic,3229.0.html

Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

How long does it take to get an A review approval for a landscape job?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:41 PM

One of the RE agents told me that certain palms grow too big too fast, but I don't know anything about that. Can anyone comment on their experience with this? :dontknow:
Old 12-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Sage

caroline...if you submit your request (in person) by noon on Monday, the Arch Review committee will rule on it Wednesday of that same week and you'll have your answer by 1pm that Wednesday.

More information is better...include a copy of your plat and mark where things are going with precise measurements and offsets. Like many things here, it is a very efficient process. Also, depending on what company does your landscaping, they may submit the request for you. Don't forget to call "Miss Utility" or whatever they call it down here to mark all the utility lines.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Villages07
Thanks..I was just wondering about the turn around time. The process you described is much more efficent tha what I am accustomed to.

I see you are in are from the DC suburbs (maryland). Are you a snowbird or live permanently here in TV. We are from and still living in N VA about 30 miles south of DC. We own in TV but cannot sell in VA to make the permanemt move.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Veteran member

We have what I believe is a Sego palm that has some sort of blight -- looks like the fronds are covered with a white talc. We were told that this is peculiar to Segos and that all of them in the area had it. Does anyone know about this? Before spending a bundle putting in Segos, I'd sure ask.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 12-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Eternal Member

What you have is cycad scale infestation. See
http://mgonline.com/cycadscale.html

I love my Sagos, but I've heard so many bad things about this white junk (or tiny little white things, actually) and have the second occurence in two years now, that I'd likely look for an alternative. But darn it, those things look good at the end of my drive.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.