Pest Control

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts
Default Pest Control

Prior to moving to The Villages, I never had a pest control service. But, when I moved here, I signed up for the Massey service for $45 per quarter. They have never needed to enter my house and I have not had any insect problems. So, I recently cancelled the service. Has anyone else done this, and should I apply a perimeter insecticide? What type?
Old 07-28-2021, 08:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Prior to moving to The Villages, I never had a pest control service. But, when I moved here, I signed up for the Massey service for $45 per quarter. They have never needed to enter my house and I have not had any insect problems. So, I recently cancelled the service. Has anyone else done this, and should I apply a perimeter insecticide? What type?
If you read your visit assessment it states type of pesticide and quantity’s used.
I don’t like to have any pesticides hanging around the home so I’m staying with Massey. The quarterly charge isn’t breaking my bank.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I've used Crosscheck concentrate in both South Carolina and here in Florida. I mix an ounce or two in a one gallon sprayer with water and spray the house foundation, patio, porch, and garage every couple of months. I also spray shrubs that don't attract pollinators, and areas of the lawn that show fire ant, grub, etc activity.
I've had great success with this product, as have friends and neighbors that I've recommended it to. You can buy it at SiteOne Landscape Supply in Leesburg. It comes in granular also but I prefer liquid.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, pest, control, insect, problems

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.