Texaco Xpress Lube - Be Careful

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Sage
Default Texaco Xpress Lube - Be Careful

Texaco Xpress Lube....north on 441 in Summerfield; they put $17 oil change coupons in various publications and mail ads. That draws you in...once you are there, they try to fast talk you into a number of other unneeded services. Got me for a $49 cabin air filter (they said filter alone would cost me $35+ and it is difficult to get to --- NOT!!!).

Better half went there and they said he needed all kinds of preventative stuff (fuel filter, air filter, transmission service. etc)...though they never checked his maintenance records and I doubt even checked the current state of things. None of these items was due for service. On top of that, he requested 5W30 oil and they put in 10W30.

I did a google search and found a consumer board down in West Palm area with similar issues with this company.

Customer beware!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Texaco Xpress Lube - Be Careful

I'm no car mechanic but last time I changed my air filter and cabin filter, I bought the brand name filters at Walmart for about a total cost of less than $20 and installed them myself using the owners manual ( yes sometimes I do read them) as my guide. Time was approx. 15 minutes (not including manual reading time) ;D Ms 07 makes a good point :bigthumbsup:
Handie :joke:
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 PM

We have a Volkswagon. There is not one dealer near by; the closest is in Ocala. Last week we went to Phillips Lightening Lube on 441. We use synthetic oil. They charged us
$80 plus. Still in shock. They were very nice and professional but yeegads!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Pete

What is a cabin filter and what year did they start putting them in?? What make of auto?
Damned I'm getting old!! I lost it after they quit using carberators, and started putting the engine in sideways.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Gold member

Our last 2 Toyotas had cabin filters but we never had to pay for directional signal fluid. ;D
Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 PM

Went there last week to get a new oil filter per direction of my husband. He wanted the old filter back to see if it was faulty. The guy ringing up the charge didn't want to give it to me and where would they put it anyway. Told him get a plastic bag out of the back. One of the men doing the job said "I've got a plastic bag". Imagine my surprise when I got home and there was no filter! Then the 1st guy wouldn't give me the print out of the work. Me thinks he's skimming a bit off the jobs.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
Our last 2 Toyotas had cabin filters but we never had to pay for directional signal fluid. ;D
Rolls his eyes and says "Hancle? Thats because halloween came early this year" :
Handie :joke:
Old 11-02-2007, 01:46 AM

I took my car to the Texaco Xpress Lube. They gave me a long list of things that needed done. Said many things looked like they had never been done. The thing is my husband had had every thing done less then 3 months before. BE WARE.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Sage

Donna Lee...thanks for sharing; starting to see a pattern here; hope others read this and know to avoid them.

It's too bad.....if these business would only do what's needed and be honest about it they could get all the work they can handle. No need to rip people off.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Eternal Member

I use Express Lube on 27/441. I make sure that what they recommend is within my Owner's manual. When I first got here I went to Bill Bryan in Leesburg. They can screw you worst than the locals.

Beware of all - just like where you came from.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 AM

I have gotten my car serviced at the car wash here in TV and Philips Buick. Neither felt the need to sell me unwanted or unneeded items. Yes, I know better then to allow them (like Tex) to sell me what I don't need BUT I hate to think of those who fall for it. Makes me furious to think how they are cheating others.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.