Picture framing

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2021, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts
Default Picture framing

Anyone know where to get artwork framed? I know Michaels, Jo-Ann's and a few places in Leesburg do it, but does anyone have experience with any of them? Thanks.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Anyone know where to get artwork framed? I know Michaels, Jo-Ann's and a few places in Leesburg do it, but does anyone have experience with any of them? Thanks.
I am actually getting a few pieces framed at King's Gallery in Spanish Springs (next to Kilwins). I wanted to give a local merchant the business and I don't believe they are expensive. They seem to do a good business and have a very knowledgeable person doing the framing.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I am actually getting a few pieces framed at King's Gallery in Spanish Springs (next to Kilwins). I wanted to give a local merchant the business and I don't believe they are expensive. They seem to do a good business and have a very knowledgeable person doing the framing.
I had a 16 X 20 framed at Michales for a Christmas gift for my wife. They did a great job, on time. When I bought it there was a 70% sale on custom framing. I think that sale may be pretty much standard. Good Luck!
Old 04-07-2021, 12:59 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post

It has been a while since I went to King’s Gallery, but if it is still the same people there, I can highly recommend them.

I had been given a gift of a print of a painting by a hometown artist, Charley Harper, for the TV house, but it was not framed yet. I had the colors I wanted for the frame and the matting in mind, and they were very helpful with narrowing down the exact shades of turquoise, pink, and gray for Harper’s fun flock of flamingos.

A little tip if you are having a print professionally framed — you might want to check into the various types of glass. It costs more to use the glass that protects from the fading that UV light rays will eventually cause, but it could be worth it.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 04-07-2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Don't forget Hobby Lobby in Ocala. OR get a matte board and frame it yourself with the selection at Michaels. Saves a TON of money. We had to sell one of our grandchildren the last time we custom framed a large picture.

You can purchase a matted frame on line at a number of sites. This frame and matte with glass was twelve bucks at Walmart.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	88976  

Tags
picture, experience, leesburg, places, framing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.