Pikes Electric .... excellent

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2021, 05:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Pikes Electric .... excellent

We needed some special lighting in the kitchen. Having used Pikes in the past for all our electrical needs, we used them again. They did a great job for us, not cheap and certainly not handiman prices, but as everyone says "you get what you pay for".

I would recommend Pikes work to anyone looking for an excellent job which is guaranteed.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-16-2021, 03:38 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We needed some special lighting in the kitchen. Having used Pikes in the past for all our electrical needs, we used them again. They did a great job for us, not cheap and certainly not handiman prices, but as everyone says "you get what you pay for".

I would recommend Pikes work to anyone looking for an excellent job which is guaranteed.
I called Pikes to fix a short circuit in the dining room light. The gal on the phone was nice enough to interrupt my description of the problem to let me know that their earliest appointment was two months out. I'm sure they're great, but I guess they're a little overwhelmed by all the work they gotten from the good reviews like this one.

So I called Sun State Power and made an appointment in three days. "Dakota" was friendly and efficient and didn't even mind an old man kibitzing while he worked. He had to replace a wire from the switch to the chandelier. Afterwards, he carefully replaced the insulation in the attic and cleaned up the dining room with his own vacuum. The charge was reasonable and exactly as quoted.

I'd recommend them to anyone.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:55 PM

I agree with the quality of Pikes work. Have not had any need for them for a while, so I can't attest to their availability, but given all the new housing I can believe they are slammed.

I sure miss the lighting store they had at Sumter Landing. Their products hit the sweet spot between Home Depot junk and the high-end stuff.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
I called Pikes to fix a short circuit in the dining room light. The gal on the phone was nice enough to interrupt my description of the problem to let me know that their earliest appointment was two months out. I'm sure they're great, but I guess they're a little overwhelmed by all the work they gotten from the good reviews like this one.

So I called Sun State Power and made an appointment in three days. "Dakota" was friendly and efficient and didn't even mind an old man kibitzing while he worked. He had to replace a wire from the switch to the chandelier. Afterwards, he carefully replaced the insulation in the attic and cleaned up the dining room with his own vacuum. The charge was reasonable and exactly as quoted.

There are two "Sun State Power" companies when I do a google search - one's in Belleview and the other is in Ocala. Which one did you use? Do you have a phone number?

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2021, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

We had Pikes install a sub-panel and power for a hot tub. Excellent job. Where I've seen other companies just punch a hole through the birdcage, Pikes actually drilled through our pool slab to bring the conduit in. Very clean job. Casandra in the office was also a dream to work with. Communicated every step of the way, even letting us know when the inspector was coming.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-16-2021, 11:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

We have used PIkes on several occasions and have always been very satisfied. And I will use a handyman to repair a cabinet door. I will use an electrician to deal with electrical matters.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post

Agree that Pikes are very busy and it is good to know we have alternatives in TV. My lighting was a special order so I was prepared to wait, but sometimes you just need someone right now.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-17-2021, 06:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp11364 View Post
There are two "Sun State Power" companies when I do a google search - one's in Belleview and the other is in Ocala. Which one did you use? Do you have a phone number?

Thanks!
Belleview. 352-875-8496
Old 09-17-2021, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

I agree. I recently replaced my dining room light fixture. The electrician arrived on time, was very pleasant and did a great job. I am very pleased with them.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:30 AM

We've been here 11 years and have always used Pike's. They have been responsive, reasonable and professional. I would also highly recommend them...
Old 09-18-2021, 02:45 PM
Veteran member

We've used Pike's a number of times over the last 8 years. The did a great job every time. If I need more electrical work done I'll use Pike's again.
Closed Thread

Tags
pikes, excellent, job, pay, recommend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.