PIN STRIPE on car

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2018, 08:34 AM
Default PIN STRIPE on car

Can anyone tell me who I can get to put a pin stripe on my car
Old 11-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I am assuming that you want a painted pin stripe, so call the local autobody shops, they will either have someone on staff, or a good paint shop to do pinstriping. I have done the tape type many times, but would not recommend in the Florida sun. I have also done the tape and spray pinstripes, but these are not always as smooth as hand painted stripes.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am assuming that you want a painted pin stripe, so call the local autobody shops, they will either have someone on staff, or a good paint shop to do pinstriping. I have done the tape type many times, but would not recommend in the Florida sun. I have also done the tape and spray pinstripes, but these are not always as smooth as hand painted stripes.
I have tape pin striping on my 4 year old golf cart. On both roof and body. No issues yet. When applied correctly tape pin striping will last as long as the paint it is applied on top of. Even here in Fl.

In addition to body shops, search this site for golf cart painters. They do pin striping.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 11-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Jim Vasillas, 352-895-0677. He will come to your house and he does an excellent job. He did body side moldings on my car. But, the pinstripes will be the tape on kind. My new car from the dealer has taped stripes and they are fine so far. In fact, I think most cars do have taped stripes, not painted.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:38 PM

The Yankees?
Closed Thread

Tags
pin, car, stripe, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.