Plantation Shutters

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Default Plantation Shutters

What a day, we had 3 companies out for an estimate on Plantation shutters. Here's what we found out.

First appointment was 48 Hour Blinds.
He was pleasant and very knowledgable. Gave a good estimate for plantation shutters.
Manufacturer, Sunland. They come with a 25 year warranty.
4 week delivery.

Second appointment was Blinds Plus Shutters.
Carl was very polite and personable.
Manufacturer, Norman. Lifetime warranty
They would be $800 more expensive, but a superior shutter.
Delivery 8-10 weeks.
Offered to put a complimentary privacy covering on windows.

Last appointment was Blinds4less
Brenda also was pleasant, personable and knowledgeable.
Manufacturer again was Norman. Same lifetime warranty.
$1200 more than 48 Hours and $400 more than Blinds Plus Shutters
Delivery 10-12 weeks.

We went with Blinds Plus Shutters. Looking forward to having them installed. Should be a nice Christmas gift. .
Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Sage

Great info for people. You should have gotten a quote from Gator Blinds. Very competitive and a pleasure to deal with as well so may have come in below. But thanks for posting your results. Always very helpful for the next one.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit53 View Post
What a day, we had 3 companies out for an estimate on Plantation shutters. Here's what we found out.

He was pleasant and very knowledgable. Gave a good estimate for plantation shutters.
4 week delivery.

Delivery 8-10 weeks.

Delivery 10-12 weeks.

We went with Blinds Plus Shutters. Looking forward to having them installed. Should be a nice Christmas gift. .
You'll be pleased with the Norman Shutters. We've had them for five years. They still look as good as the day they were installed.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 PM

This post was helpful, as we just put a contract in on a home and are interested in putting plantation shutters in. Can I ask how many windows you had quoted and the total price?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Default shutters

Quote:

4 week delivery.

Delivery 8-10 weeks.

Delivery 10-12 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

I have seen numerous companies mentioned on TOTV concerning Plantation shutters (Blinds 4 Less, 48 Hour blinds, Norman Shutters, Shutters Direct, BMW Window Coverings, Village Interiors). I would like to know if these companies sell p. shutters of different qualitiy, or are they all pretty much the same? Is the style the same? Do they all open in the middle and fold back to the side? I really don't know who is best to buy from. I have a gardenia, and I appreciate any and all advice on this issue.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

I have seen numerous companies mentioned on TOTV concerning Plantation shutters (Blinds 4 Less, 48 Hour blinds, Norman Shutters, Shutters Direct, BMW Window Coverings, Village Interiors). I would like to know if these companies sell p. shutters of different qualitiy, or are they all pretty much the same? Is the style the same? Do they all open in the middle and fold back to the side? I really don't know who is best to buy from. I have a gardenia, and I appreciate any and all advice on this issue.
You can go into Village Interiors on 466 and see the shutters there and get all the information from professionals who have products to show you.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:46 PM

Carla B, I'm so glad to hear that they are truly a good investment. Thanks for sharing they will look good for years to come.

Kathymar528, we have a cottage style home and put blinds thought our home as well a slider. The total cost was $3800. They had so many more color choices than 48 Hour Blinds. Since we have white cabinets, that aren't really white....more like a creamy melted vanilla bean ice cream we went with the pearl white shutters. They match perfectly. Carl came out today and put up temporary blinds throughout the house for privacy. So far I'm very impressed.

What a busy few days, closed on Monday. My better half arrived with the moving van Wed. Blinds ordered, lawn care taken care of, exterminator arranged, painting has begun. The rest has to wait until we get back mid November. I just want to be there already!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 AM

You chose well. We had Carl install our shutters 2 1/2 years ago with no regrets. We had one slight problem with some rubbing and he came right out to resolve the issue. These shutters are well worth the $$$, easy to clean and when I have a migraine I can darken the house in a second.

I know you will be happy with your shutters.

Gisele
Old 10-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Default Blinds plus Shutters

Carl did mine almost 4 years ago.. had a problem a couple of months ago..came right out & fixed..NO CHARGE...you made a GREAT DECISION
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:

4 week delivery.

Delivery 8-10 weeks.

Delivery 10-12 weeks.

I must be reading this wrong. The company you went with is more expensive than the other companies and will take longer to install?

Can you tell me WHY you chose them?

Again.... I must be reading this wrong.... From the way I'm reading it, 48 Hour has a 25 year warranty and was the least expensive and can deliver in 4 weeks.

Blinds Plus Shutters uses the same mfg as the company you went with and is less expensive and will deliver in less time

You went with Blinds4less which was "Same lifetime warranty.
Delivery 10-12 week".

Since I'm the only one questioning this.... I am assuming I'm reading it wrong.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 AM

Whit53- thanks so much for the additional information. Very helpful. I share your anxiousness about getting down there and getting settled in. It's an exciting time!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I must be reading this wrong. The company you went with is more expensive than the other companies and will take longer to install?

Can you tell me WHY you chose them?

Again.... I must be reading this wrong.... From the way I'm reading it, 48 Hour has a 25 year warranty and was the least expensive and can deliver in 4 weeks.

Blinds Plus Shutters uses the same mfg as the company you went with and is less expensive and will deliver in less time

You went with Blinds4less which was "Same lifetime warranty.
Delivery 10-12 week".

Since I'm the only one questioning this.... I am assuming I'm reading it wrong.

Sorry for not being clear enough. We went with Carl from Blinds and Shutters. Yes, they were $800 more than 48 Hours, but we felt they were a better quality and had more color options. True they will take longer than 48 Hour blinds but we thought they were worth the wait. He was even nice enough to put up temporary blinds throughout the house. 48 Hours did not offer that. Blinds4Less used Norman the same manufacturers but took longer and was more expensive than Blinds and Shutters. .

So far I'm ver satisfied. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 AM

Thanks so much to all sharing your positive experiences with both Blinds and Shutters and the shutters we selected. Like I wasn't excited enough...you all just added to the anticipation.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Default Blinds and shutters

Quote:
Sorry for not being clear enough. We went with Carl from Blinds and Shutters. Yes, they were $800 more than 48 Hours, but we felt they were a better quality and had more color options. True they will take longer than 48 Hour blinds but we thought they were worth the wait. He was even nice enough to put up temporary blinds throughout the house. 48 Hours did not offer that. Blinds4Less used Norman the same manufacturers but took longer and was more expensive than Blinds and Shutters. .

So far I'm ver satisfied. Sorry for the confusion.
Hope you don't mind me asking this question: If 'Blinds and Shutters' and 'Blinds4less' both used 'Norman', how do you figure the quality was better from 'Binds and Shutters'? Do they have different levels of quality to choose from within the 'Norman' brand?

Last edited by LuckySevens; 10-13-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: error
Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 AM

They are the exact same blinds from both Blinds4Less and a Blinds and Shutters. The reason we went with Blinds and Shutters is because they were $400 less and delivery 2 weeks sooner than Blinds4Less.

48 Hour Blinds were less expensive and sooner delivery we just weren't fond of the choices.

Hope this clears things up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.