Pools

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Gotta love us Villagers. Come on line and ask for recommendations for contractors.

Gets recommendations for contractors.

Chooses first available.

End of story.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
We just received quote on lanai extension from T & D and they were so much Higher then others that we can assume the pool building would be also
Goldwingnut in a previous post on this thread said that T&D quoted a lower price for his pool than Fiesta did.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...43-post16.html
Old 06-28-2017, 09:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Goldwingnut in a previous post on this thread said that T&D quoted a lower price for his pool than Fiesta did.

When T and D built our pool bath they matched the tile, the granite, the fixtures, the cabinets and even the doors in the rest of the house...but they had discontinued selling our exact tile and it required a lot of searching because they ended of shy four or five pieces, but they found them. We didn't require this, it was self imposed.

No I don't get a kick back. I am just a huge fan.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_7422.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	69908  

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-28-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Gotta love us Villagers. Come on line and ask for recommendations for contractors.

Gets recommendations for contractors.

Chooses first available.

End of story.
Incorrect information given. Nobody choose First available. They are coming over for consultation along with others when I get Other recommdations. Will not wait till October for an estimate. Too many other companies to choose from. PS also fiesta has come recommended by other villagers On This Post!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Gold member

Also one does Not come on this site to be hammered when not choosing the company you may have chosen. One comes on to get Recommdations from All villagers. If we are not willing to Wait till October for a quote, that is perfectly understandable. So appreciate comments from Other villagers who found decent companies without waiting 4 months for a quote. We are open to hearing about other pool companies besides T & D??
Old 06-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post

Just to be clear, T&D was lower than everyone except Fiesta, but with Fiesta their proposal was so lacking in detail that I couldn't make an apples-to-apples comparison to determine what was and was not included. With T&D EVERYTHING was spelled out and clear what is and isn't included. Without details in their proposal I couldn't determine the final all in cost from Fiesta.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When T and D built our pool bath they matched the tile, the granite, the fixtures, the cabinets and even the doors in the rest of the house...but they had discontinued selling our exact tile and it required a lot of searching because they ended of shy four or five pieces, but they found them. We didn't require this, it was self imposed.

No I don't get a kick back. I am just a huge fan.
I travel all over The Villages for my business, and recreation. I have seen many, many, pools being built. The reason my wife and I chose T&D back in 2015, was their reputation, as well as my having seen their finished pool projects. On the contrary, I have seen other pool companies start a project, and have it sit idle for literally months without any work being done. In particular, there are two pools which were built side by side off of Hillsborough. Those pools were started, and for whatever reason, sat without having any work done for weeks. I travel this road daily, and have observed the work. In fact, the pools still don't look completely finished. I feel bad for the homeowners. The pool company was not T&D. I will not name the company, or the other pool companies I've personally observed taking inordinate amounts of time to complete pools.

As far as the delay in getting T&D to start because of their backlog, I don't see that as a negative. It means they're busy, and they're busy because they're good. If a pool company (just like a landscaping company) can start on a project right away, I'd ask myself why aren't they busy?

Lastly, I can't speak for any other pool companies, but T&D has been outstanding as far as after build care. Questions I've had have been quickly answered, and the one repair job to a circuit board was quickly fixed under warranty. The service techs are courteous and helpful, and provide good advice. I use the T&D pool store at Colony, as I like to take care of my pool myself. The staff of the store is friendly and helpful, and provide a printout of pool chemical readings and required amounts of chemicals needed, so there is no guess work.

To the OP. Good luck with your pool project, and no doubt you will enjoy a lot of time in the water.

Last edited by photo1902; 06-28-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We are very happy with our Fiesta pool. We were in the water in 5.5 weeks from excavation. They are a family owned business and are very hard workers. 100% satisified with pool, bird cage and solar panels.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Just to be clear, T&D was lower than everyone except Fiesta, but with Fiesta their proposal was so lacking in detail that I couldn't make an apples-to-apples comparison to determine what was and was not included. With T&D EVERYTHING was spelled out and clear what is and isn't included. Without details in their proposal I couldn't determine the final all in cost from Fiesta.
Well that is good u made us aware of your concern over detail in contract. We do have experience in building as we had large Pool built on last home. We will make sure the contract is very detailed if we decide to go with fiesta and for us we pay as we go along. No final payment until all work is completed. We learned the hard way
Old 06-29-2017, 06:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Again let me say, I've nothing against Fiesta and have heard nothing but good about the company and their work, and their pricing was very attractive. The representative from Fiesta was very knowledgeable and helpful when he came out to meet with me. My concern was the quality of their proposal. I know many will disagree with me and say that it's the pool that matters not the paperwork, and to an extent your are correct.

I've attached some of the pages from the proposal, if they look a little crooked, it's because that's the way they came. As you can see it lacks some detail as compared to the final attachment which is from T&D.

I wasn't buying hype or oh wow from the proposal and presentation, I was buying a pool and with the amounts we were talking about, I needed to know exactly what I was buying.

Some of the other companies use a program call Pool Designer which is very good at showing you what you are getting with color, 3D, and video outputs as a sales tool. A tool it is, but it isn't their company, and it doesn't tell you about the people or company you are about to trust with a substantial investment.

One of the companies we spoke with made us feel like we were buying a car, offering us a "deal" on this option, a "bundled discount" on these, and cutting the price at the risk of angering their boss, and so on. In the end, they were no cheaper than anyone else and I was having to deal with items associated with the construction and not getting a turnkey product. We passed.

Who you decide to use to build your pool is entirely a personal decision. My decision was based on my own profession opinion as I'm am still working as a Construction Project Manager for commercial and industrial projects, and while I don't build pools I do deal with contractors, businesses, contracts, and customers everyday. I gave this one an especially hard look as it was for me this time and with my own money (that shouldn't make a difference in my line of work, but it it really does hit home more when you sign the checks).

Choose wisely.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 080 Jun. 29 06.05.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	69971   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 081 Jun. 29 06.05.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	69972   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 082 Jun. 29 06.08.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	69973  
Old 06-29-2017, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Also one does Not come on this site to be hammered when not choosing the company you may have chosen. One comes on to get Recommendations from All villagers.

If we are not willing to Wait till October for a quote, that is perfectly understandable. So appreciate comments from Other villagers who found decent companies without waiting 4 months for a quote. We are open to hearing about other pool companies besides T & D??
Very well stated.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Sage

We tried to tell her. What more can you do.

Vera is the one that designed our whole thing. Vera is married to the original owner of T and D. She is very good at design and very good with people and she is just smart and kind and charming and loveable.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-29-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:20 AM

We went with Fiesta. There were no surprises and their problems never became my problem. Their sales and marketing person is not as polished as T&D. However the family who owns the business is on the job every day and are very experienced in the pool business. Their father started the business and their children are working on site. They do use a few sub-contractors for the shell and surfacing. These sub-contractors are like family to them and have been working with them for many years.
Also, T&D wanted to put a toilet in our driveway for the duration of the build which could have lasted 6 months, according to their documentation. The thought of this toilet in front of the house for that period of time was not appealing.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:51 AM

No one on here has mentioned the "we can put a pool in it" pool company. Is there any particular reason?? One of our neighbors used them and is quite satisfied.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:58 AM
Gold member

Who are they? Any contact info?
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, company, home, extension, estimate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.