Pools

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

T&D is building ours now, I thought it crazy to wait 2 months also just to get an appointment for a quote and discounted them as being too expensive. After talking to all the local builders the appointment for T&D finally came up. As it turned out T&D was at or below all the other prices I received except Fiesta. T&D won out because the project with them is turnkey, I'm not having to chase down the sprinkler guy, or the fence guy, or the gas guy, or anyone else, they take care of it all.

Fiesta's price was better, I think. Can't really be sure because their proposal lacked details and looked like it was drawn on a bar room napkin. Years of engineering, contracting, and project management made me nervous with their proposal. To be fair to them, I've never heard anything negative about Fiesta and the 2 pools of theirs that I looked at were very nice, the lack of details just scared the heck out of me.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
T&D does great work but they will leave your job to do work on new villages homes that want pools
What do you base that on? How did you know they left your house to work on new village homes? T&D did ours, and we couldn't be more pleased. They showed up to work every day on time (except Sundays), and did a fantastic job. The support after the job has been top notch as well.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
T&D does great work but they will leave your job to do work on new villages homes that want pools

NO THEY WON'T.

They worked on our pool, cage and bath uninterrupted and would come on Sundays to check it.

That is simply not true.

They don't just have ONE team. They are a big operation.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

NO THEY WON'T.

They worked on our pool, cage and bath uninterrupted and would come on Sundays to check it.

That is simply not true.

They don't just have ONE team. They are a big operation.
A big operation that doesn't even have a salesman available until October. They should hire more sales people. Sure people need jobs!
Old 06-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Gold member

OK update for those who asked. It's still a bit early to tell or figure it all out. Lately they have been quiet and not much in pool but weather is rainy. Not sure?? When outside yes they are noisy but when not outside its quiet. Of course now it's summer so we are closed up with AC on and most likely they are too. We shall see how July/August goes but we are hoping for the best!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Don't confuse their not being on-site with not being a priority.

There are many steps in the build process that are time dependent and determine when and how things get done - the concrete shell needs to cure for 30 days before they put water in, the deck needs to cure x days, the tile and grout need to cure x days before water is added, plumbing drop test has to pass before pouring the concrete and while it cures, and many more things. The sequence that things have to be done results in periods where no one is on-site working. Add to all this the summer rains we get making some work not possible when things are too wet.

The guys working the pools are not working one pool at a time, they are working multiple pools at once and have to juggle the schedules of each site and each unique pool design. Could they be going to new construction homes between working on yours, absolutely, and those homes have a different construction schedule than a secondary construction pool. And yes, these different schedules could result in the appearance of one pool being a higher priority than another. From a construction/project manager's point of view I can tell you this is all necessary to keep all the jobs flowing as quickly as possible and eliminate downtime that impacts cost/profits.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Gold member

Are there other options out there beside T & D ? Have fiesta whom I called and no call back. Wiseman no phone number on website? Amazing. Others??
Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
A big operation that doesn't even have a salesman available until October. They should hire more sales people. Sure people need jobs!
They don't send a salesman because they are booked and can't get to you. Hiring more people wouldn't be the answer. They build a quality product with experienced and well seasoned help. I never realized just how much skill it requires to do some of the tasks they do with concrete. They are experts for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_5380.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	69900  

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-28-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Gold member

People do need jobs so when in demand, such as they are, they should realize some will not want to wait 4 months just for an estimate and will seek out other companies. I know if I ran a successful company, I would hire to keep my potential customers happy! But that's just me
Old 06-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Fiesta built my pool.............and they did it right.

Never heard of Fiesta, good to know. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Never heard of Fiesta, good to know. Thanks.
We used them as well, totally happy!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
People do need jobs so when in demand, such as they are, they should realize some will not want to wait 4 months just for an estimate and will seek out other companies. I know if I ran a successful company, I would hire to keep my potential customers happy! But that's just me
We get it. You're not happy you have to wait.

There's a reason T&D has a wait time. They are professionals, and deliver a great product.

As far as companies go, T&D is highly successful. Just look at their history and how they've grown.

I've had T&D complete three separate projects at my house, and when it comes to pools or concrete work, I would never hire anyone else.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It takes time to hire, train and manage staff. Just because unemployment is not at zero, doesn't mean the right work force is out there to add to the staff of T&D.

It's the choice of an owner of a company to add staff, not (potential) customers.

I don't know anyone or ever used T&D, just writing as a former business owner who employed people.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Gold member

Fiesta pools just called and had opening tomorrow or Friday so took Friday! You know the old saying, the early bird catches the worm. We just received quote on lanai extension from T & D and they were so much Higher then others that we can assume the pool building would be also. We are on a budget so will interview other companies. We do have experience with building a pool as our last home had one. Would Love to see a Fiesta pool that was built if anyone is willing to show us? Any other recommendations would be appreciated
Old 06-28-2017, 08:37 AM
Gold member
Default From a friend

Quote:
we used Wiseman Pools, pool done in 10 weeks after permits . have recomended them to three of our freinds,all very happy with them. give Tim Duncan a call, you won't be disapointed!
When you tell any sort of service people that they are recommended, you think hey they want to protect their reputation. A friend who like me is a bit of a contrarian AND HAS DONE SUCH JOBS, pointed out that when you say that he hears "I do not need to put in a sharp bid on this job-I HAVE THE JOB."
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, company, home, extension, estimate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.