Poor service of the Village Airport Van

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 07:09 AM

It can be blamed on everything from extra holiday travel to big people jammed into small seats but it is incompetence at it best. We were traveling in mid May a few years ago, no holiday. We got our luggage at about 5 p.m. It was after midnight by the time we were dropped at our door by a rude driver who went too fast in the 25 zones and tossed us all over the place, hitting speed bumps so hard that we bounced up from our seats and slammed back down. My back hurt so bad by the time we got home. We are from Mulberry area, arrived home after midnight. The driver thought we were the last when he learned that a lady in the back had fallen asleep during our 5+ hour time in the van, both loading and unloading, and he missed taking her home down near Palmer. The only reason he knew she was there was because her suitcase was still in the back when he took our bags out. He has a list and a route and knows where every one gets taken to, he just missed her. AND last but not least, he talked politics all the way. He talked to himself because no one was talking with him or answering his 'nasty words' against my party. My husband told him that he had had enough of his political views. We have never ridden with them again.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:16 AM

We were almost left behind because our driver thought we were in the previous van. However the van driver who was leaving saw this and stopped the other driver leaving in his empty van. When we questioned the driver why he would leave without us. He said he forgot to turn on his communications with dispatcher and thought we were in the other van. Too many customers and service is getting sloppy. May go back to original shuttle or a private service.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:05 AM

My husband and I never use this van due to their unreliability and the fact you drive around the Villages and surrounding area dropping off people before you finally arrive home. You could be driving around for an hour or more!
Old 01-15-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw1970 View Post
Just wanted to post my experience with the Village Airport Van. We landed at 8:30pm New Year's Eve, got our luggage and was outside checking into our PRE-PAID RESERVED ride home to the Villages. There was one van parked and being loaded. About 25 people were waiting. That van finally pulled out after 15 minutes and 2 more vans pulled up to be loaded. Hence started MASS CONFUSION. One van got loaded fully, the other partially. They sat there for over 20 minutes, when finally the driver and the check in lady unloaded, 6 people from the fully loaded van. 5 more minutes went by then they loaded six new people on this van. 5 more minutes before it pulled out. The partially loaded van was still sitting there. Finally another 5 minutes and an empty van pulls in. Another 10 minutes to load this van. Finally at 10;10 we left to head back to the Villages. Got home at 11:55pm! There were still 30 people waiting curbside and the partially filled van was still waiting! The Three Stooges could have done a better job! We will never, ever use this service again!
The author of this post is being kind. Attempting to secure your pre-paid transportation from Orlando International Airport to The Village with The Village Airport Van was total chaos. Our driver attempted to place the blame on the amount of aircraft arriving at or near the same time. However at one point six (6) vans were waiting to be loaded while 25+ Villagers waited and 3 - 4 confused Village Airport Van employees discussed varying ideas on how to load the vehicles. The lady behind the lap top blamed the problem on a "glitch". Previous ride to the airport a week earlier was not much better. Van arrived at our home 15 minutes late, then proceeded to a motel on route 301 for another pick up. After waiting for ten (10) minutes at that location, it was determined the driver had gone to the wrong location (motel & city). Bottom line we had planned to arrive at the airport three (3) hours prior to our flight's scheduled departure to accommodate construction in progress with passenger transportation within the terminal building, instead we arrive two (2) hours prior to departure. Had we not had Pre TSA boarding and our flight not been delayed, we would have missed the flight. The was our first time utilizing Village Airport Van service, and it will be the last.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw1970 View Post
Just wanted to post my experience with the Village Airport Van. We landed at 8:30pm New Year's Eve, got our luggage and was outside checking into our PRE-PAID RESERVED ride home to the Villages. There was one van parked and being loaded. About 25 people were waiting. That van finally pulled out after 15 minutes and 2 more vans pulled up to be loaded. Hence started MASS CONFUSION. One van got loaded fully, the other partially. They sat there for over 20 minutes, when finally the driver and the check in lady unloaded, 6 people from the fully loaded van. 5 more minutes went by then they loaded six new people on this van. 5 more minutes before it pulled out. The partially loaded van was still sitting there. Finally another 5 minutes and an empty van pulls in. Another 10 minutes to load this van. Finally at 10;10 we left to head back to the Villages. Got home at 11:55pm! There were still 30 people waiting curbside and the partially filled van was still waiting! The Three Stooges could have done a better job! We will never, ever use this service again!
Personally I don't think your complaining will do any good because it's a business of TV. The only way You're going to beat this is if everybody starts not using The Villages Transportation, then maybe a light bulb will come on above their heads & they'll figure out that there's something wrong & wonder why nobody is using their money maker! Remember it's not TV thinking about the poor citizens of TV because if they weren't making money on this it wouldn't be in business now! Sorry Villages that I'm so negitive.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Personally I don't think your complaining will do any good because it's a business of TV. The only way You're going to beat this is if everybody starts not using The Villages Transportation, then maybe a light bulb will come on above their heads & they'll figure out that there's something wrong & wonder why nobody is using their money maker! Remember it's not TV thinking about the poor citizens of TV because if they weren't making money on this it wouldn't be in business now! Sorry Villages that I'm so negitive.
This is a private business, TV has nothing to do with it
Old 01-15-2018, 09:55 AM

Since Signature Van Service went out of business The Village Van Service not only have raised their prices but their service has deteriorated.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:01 AM

At first looks sounds like a snafu, but it would be interesting to find out some of the circumstances. Out of the initial group how many were reserved customers and how many were walk on . If 50/50 it would answer a a few questions. Being a holiday probably added to the problem. If they were expecting 12 for a vanload and 25-30 show...not gonna work. It may have took a while for dispatch to 1 find a driver 2 a van 3 process any walk on payments, 4 figure best route to get everyone to their destination in a timely manner. Your explanation may very well have been a giant fiasco or could have been remarkable given the circumstances. Think about it.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

When they first started up as an Airport service they were a "gift". The Villages was much smaller then and you did not have to traipse all over TV picking up and dropping people off. Now, it is a disaster. I live near 466 which means I may be the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped off ............. I could put up with that, but the last time we took their Van to Orlando they actually came off the highway to pick people up outside TV.

It is not rocket science people - employ someone who understands the demographics of TV and books their transportation vans accordingly.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-15-2018, 11:56 AM

Same experience on my last trip. Sat on half of a seat with a large woman in the middle who had a dog in her arms who kept licking me and she thought it was cute.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:03 PM

You were fooled and got probably what you thought was the shuttle operated by the Villages. I almost made that mistake once but the Villages shuttle has never let us down - ever!
Old 01-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Default You get what you pay for

After reading all these, I'm even happier that we use a door to door service called Superior Limousine Service 352-552-5546 Whether we are cruising or going to either of the two Orlando airports and whenever we book they are always on time, no matter what.
You've worked hard to enjoy retirement...go ahead and treat yourself, leave less for the kids and grand kids.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:59 PM

Please let me know what service you used. I need a private van pick up in March. I have 7 pieces of luggage a dog and three adults! I don't want to put others out with all of us.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:13 PM

In the near future I hope to see that The Villages Transportation will begin service to and from the Orlando/ Sandford Airport.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:07 PM

I have used them for four years. Nothing but the best of service. Highly recommend.
Closed Thread

Tags
van, loaded, minutes, finally, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.