Poor service of the Village Airport Van

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagirl33 View Post
Left a message this morning for the operations manager at the Village Airport Van to call me back and discuss my safety concerns. Obviously.... NOT CONCERNED!!
Never Called!!
As of today 1/17/18 still haven’t received a return phone call! A concerned shuttle driver listened to my concerns and took my business card to pass onto their manager. Still nothing!
Old 01-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

LOLZ You get what you pay for. Did anyone booking this service not realize they were booking a multiple person/location shuttle van service. for a price that is substantially less than private car service?
Old 02-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Just booked a rental car for one day. Pick up at the airport and return to Leesburg!! Half the price of a Villages trip!!!
Old 02-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Sage

I do have to say something good about them. Hubby had an emergency to fly to San Diego this past week. They picked him up at home 2:30 a.m. for his 6:00 a.m. flight. We are first on since we live in the South end. They did pick up others but he was at the airport in plenty of time to catch his flight. He said Villages transportation can't get you there for a 6 a.m. flight. He came home this morning after taking a red eye from San Diego. They were there at the airport at 6:00 a.m. to get him. He was their only passenger and his plane arrived 1/2 hour early and they were already there waiting.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

This service has both it's pros and cons versus the Villages Transportation. It's pros are that they operate every half hour 24 hours a day and that they pick/drop you off at your home for no additional fee, which comes in handy when no one is available to pick/drop you off at LSL or Brownwood. It's biggest con is that it makes way too many stops and if you live north of 466 you will be one of the first pick ups and last drop offs and you will have a very long ride in a van that often gets very crowded and is not that comfortable in relation the the Villages Transportation buses. Bottom line is that when the flight schedule lines up with the somewhat limited schedule of the Villages Transportation and you have someone to pick/drop you off at LSL/Brownwood, the Villages Transportation is the best option. When flight schedules don't line up and/or you need service to/from your home, the Van service is the better option despite it's shortcomings. The Van service can be a pain, but they will get you where you need to go. We use both depending on the situation when we travel as a single. When you travel with two or more people, a private car service or one way car rental is the better way to go. You can usually find a full size 4 door pick-up truck one way rental for about $130. If you have 4 people with golf clubs that is a great deal. Enterprise has a rental office in LSL and Hertz has an office in SS.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
This service has both it's pros and cons versus the Villages Transportation. It's pros are that they operate every half hour 24 hours a day and that they pick/drop you off at your home for no additional fee, which comes in handy when no one is available to pick/drop you off at LSL or Brownwood. It's biggest con is that it makes way too many stops and if you live north of 466 you will be one of the first pick ups and last drop offs and you will have a very long ride in a van that often gets very crowded and is not that comfortable in relation the the Villages Transportation buses. Bottom line is that when the flight schedule lines up with the somewhat limited schedule of the Villages Transportation and you have someone to pick/drop you off at LSL/Brownwood, the Villages Transportation is the best option. When flight schedules don't line up and/or you need service to/from your home, the Van service is the better option despite it's shortcomings. The Van service can be a pain, but they will get you where you need to go. We use both depending on the situation when we travel as a single. When you travel with two or more people, a private car service or one way car rental is the better way to go. You can usually find a full size 4 door pick-up truck one way rental for about $130. If you have 4 people with golf clubs that is a great deal. Enterprise has a rental office in LSL and Hertz has an office in SS.
You summed it up perfectly!
Old 02-12-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamtennis View Post
Just booked a rental car for one day. Pick up at the airport and return to Leesburg!! Half the price of a Villages trip!!!
I guess there must have been at least four of you. I'd sure like to see your numbers. I rented an Enterprise car TV to Orlando - $70, Van was $35 + tip. Not that I'm endorsing Village Van.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:53 AM

I stopped riding with them after I discovered that we could not open the side door from the inside. (A passenger came running to catch the van and the inside latch had been disconnected.) I asked the driver about it and he just shrugged his shoulders. If you ride with them just make sure they don't roll it over or have a fire.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM
Veteran member
Default Airport Transportation

Defintions:
We understand that.............

1. Village Airport Van, picks up at your door, has a yellow stripe and seats about 8 or more"

2. Village Transportation picks up at Sumter and Brownwood, not at your door. Seats 20 or more?

Some of the private ones, smaller, may be OK. We rode with one that was asking for a major accident every 4 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wow,,,,,,,,,,,, How careless can you get? Scary and I mean Scary! bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
van, loaded, minutes, finally, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.