Poor service of the Village Airport Van

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Default Poor service of the Village Airport Van

Just wanted to post my experience with the Village Airport Van. We landed at 8:30pm New Year's Eve, got our luggage and was outside checking into our PRE-PAID RESERVED ride home to the Villages. There was one van parked and being loaded. About 25 people were waiting. That van finally pulled out after 15 minutes and 2 more vans pulled up to be loaded. Hence started MASS CONFUSION. One van got loaded fully, the other partially. They sat there for over 20 minutes, when finally the driver and the check in lady unloaded, 6 people from the fully loaded van. 5 more minutes went by then they loaded six new people on this van. 5 more minutes before it pulled out. The partially loaded van was still sitting there. Finally another 5 minutes and an empty van pulls in. Another 10 minutes to load this van. Finally at 10;10 we left to head back to the Villages. Got home at 11:55pm! There were still 30 people waiting curbside and the partially filled van was still waiting! The Three Stooges could have done a better job! We will never, ever use this service again!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Eternal Member

The best service by far is The Villages shuttle bus. It will bring you to either Brownwood or Lake Sumter Landing and you can get a taxi home.

No hassle like the Villages Airport Van.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:05 PM

I’m calling their operations manager Tomorrow!! I’ve heard the above complaint numerous times since arriving. My complaint is a concern of reckless driving. Speeding, No turn signals and passing semi’s in poor visibility. Late at night with Rain and fog. I arrived at my Fernandina door in 40 minutes. He was even driving a minimum of 45 in a 25 through The Villages and around the roundabouts. This happened to me with two different drivers. One was the week before Thanksgiving and the second on the day after Christmas.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

We have never had that kind of experience wth them. In fact, after hurricane irma, they go me to our house when other services were having problems and might not have been able to deliver. I will be the first to admit that the van service makes way too many stops for residents living in the northern part of TV, but they will get you home. We will book the Villages transportation service that picks/drops at LSL/Brownwood when the schedules work out and someone can pick/drop us off at the town square, but we often use the Van service when thats not in the cards. Both are viable options depending on the particular situation. Nothing is ever perfect, just need to pick the best option for the situation and go with it.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

I usually like the Villages Airport Van and I understand they are extra busy during the holidays, however, when they try to squeeze in as many people as they can WHEN ALL TEN SEATS NEED TO BE FILLED, according to them. I was the last person to get on the van (I was number 10), I squeezed my way to the back row on the end, however, the man in the middle was very large and took up more than 1 seat so I was left with 1/2 a seat. I was literally hanging off the seat for the whole trip, about an hour and half. It was very uncomfortable and my back was hurting by the time I got home. The guy in the middle even said as I got in, "good thing you're small". Well I wasn't small enough to fit in what was left of a seat for me. I should have refused to get in that van, next time you can be sure I will.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

What Taxi? I was told the Villages Trans does not have taxi service. You have to use some outside cab company. I was trying to get from my house to The Villages Buses at Sumter Landing that were hired to take our group to Port Canaveral.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
What Taxi? I was told the Villages Trans does not have taxi service. You have to use some outside cab company. I was trying to get from my house to The Villages Buses at Sumter Landing that were hired to take our group to Port Canaveral.
There is a lot of confusion on names

Villages Transportation (Villages with an S) definitely has taxi service. Have been using this service for 7 years 20 to 30 times without a single blip.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:17 PM

Left a message this morning for the operations manager at the Village Airport Van to call me back and discuss my safety concerns. Obviously.... NOT CONCERNED!!
Never Called!!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:05 AM

Same same here....I've sat waiting for over 45" and NO explanation from driver other than "waiting for dispatch"...crazy. Now... I use Village Trans ONLY
Old 01-05-2018, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We have been loyal riders with Village Airport Van service, but my last trip with them was to say the least, unpleasant. I was pushed to the very rear of the van where a couple were sitting. The woman was very pleasant, the man was extremely unpleasant and told me there was no room for me and boy was he right. Despite his wife telling him to move, he refused to do so and I had to sit on the far edge of the seat and balance myself on the wall of the van. If you travel with the van you will know that the far back seat dips slightly in the middle and is raised on the edge of the seat and that is what I sat on for the whole ride home, plus I had to listen to this person complaining about everything .... and I do mean everything. We will use one of the private hire people in future, there are many recommendations for excellent drivers and it will be worth paying the small extra amount to get home in comfort.

Mr. Village Van, you have become too big and you will lose your business if you do not start taking care of it!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-13-2018, 08:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We have been loyal riders with Village Airport Van service, but my last trip with them was to say the least, unpleasant. I was pushed to the very rear of the van where a couple were sitting. The woman was very pleasant, the man was extremely unpleasant and told me there was no room for me and boy was he right. Despite his wife telling him to move, he refused to do so and I had to sit on the far edge of the seat and balance myself on the wall of the van. If you travel with the van you will know that the far back seat dips slightly in the middle and is raised on the edge of the seat and that is what I sat on for the whole ride home, plus I had to listen to this person complaining about everything .... and I do mean everything. We will use one of the private hire people in future, there are many recommendations for excellent drivers and it will be worth paying the small extra amount to get home in comfort.

Mr. Village Van, you have become too big and you will lose your business if you do not start taking care of it!
I have never had a problem with the service itself. Only problems I have ever had is with inconsiderate people that are on the vans.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:55 PM

We have used the airport van service with mixed results. A couple fine experiences, a couple nightmarish ones. Our last trip, we used one of the private concierge services and it was terrific, both ways. We were the only passengers, it was on time, comfortable and very pleasant. Same price.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrynsews View Post
We have used the airport van service with mixed results. A couple fine experiences, a couple nightmarish ones. Our last trip, we used one of the private concierge services and it was terrific, both ways. We were the only passengers, it was on time, comfortable and very pleasant. Same price.
Really, who did you use and it was 80 dollars for 2 people ?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Really, who did you use and it was 80 dollars for 2 people ?
Do a search. People, myself included, have posted so many names and numbers of private car services we're getting tired of repeating ourselves!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:55 AM

I also came home on the 31st, but earlier in the day. Our driver told us so many hundreds of people were coming in that day it forced the company to rent vehicles for the vast numbers as well as to call in drivers who were supposed to have that day off. I believe you had a poor experience, but I can honestly say I have never been disappointed.
Closed Thread

Tags
van, loaded, minutes, finally, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.