Problems with Futons Barstools & More?

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Default Problems with Futons Barstools & More?

Has anyone had a problem with this company? We ordered barstools on 2/24/11. To date we have no barstools, and no answers from these people.
They are slow to call back, we have called 3 times since Thursday and still no answer as to when we will receive our stools. They promised us delivery 5-6 weeks!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Sage

They probably have no idea when the next boat will be docking........

Seriously, though --- Does the store have a documented policy for order cancellations? If you've already paid for them via a credit card, you might want to speak with the issuing company to see if they can credit you back if you feel that's something you'd like to do.

Actually, they're only a few business days beyond the 6 week parameter they'd given you. Maybe patience will pay off and your order will arrive shortly.

Hope it all works out well - - -

Bill
Old 04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Default Update

We went to the Store today. Inquired why we did not have an answer, at the end of the business day as promised yesterday. The owner called the associate that I spoke with, who was on the road. She apologized to me for not getting back to me, and said she had spoke to North Carolina, and stools are to ship out Friday. We should have them the beginning of next week.
The not following up, and not keeping on top of the orders they have placed is what I find unprofessional. If I am satisfied with the barstools, that is the bottom line. I do not want to give anyone a bad name, but they should be more on top of things.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

My guess is the stools you ordered were not in stock at their warehouse and were in an incoming shipment, and the store had sketchy info on final delivery. There's no excuse for bad communication, though, and that I would also be upset about that.

The stools I ordered from this store were delivered to the store, and I arranged to pick them up there myself and received them in about about 10 days. The 10 days were due to the custom covered cushions.

Did they check to see if the chairs you ordered were immediately available, or that you might have to wait for the next import shipment?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Sage

When we looked there for bar stools they told us some of their suppliers were very dependable regarding delivery date promises. And that one of their suppliers was quite unpredictable. I think that some small stores really need business and just keep their fingers crossed that the shipment will appear.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

[QUOTE=RichieLion;346357]My guess is the stools you ordered were not in stock at their warehouse and were in an incoming shipment, and the store had sketchy info on final delivery. There's no excuse for bad communication, though, and that I would also be upset about that.

It use to be that stores could depend on Regional warehouses for stock but in these economic times everyone is trying to run lean and not maintaining as high a stock level and lead times can be very long and unpredictable if the item isn't landed. I have had stock stuck in customs for weeks. Not all stores or sales people have realized that things have changed. Not calling you back with an explanation was poor customer service, especially as it isn't peak season or anything, I mean it's not like it's Christmass or snowbird season.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Sage

I ordered barstools from them last year and got them in 2 days. I know they manufacture them to order in Orlando, so it shouldn't be a problem of out of stock. Try calling early in the morning - 8:30.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I ordered barstools from them last year and got them in 2 days. I know they manufacture them to order in Orlando, so it shouldn't be a problem of out of stock. Try calling early in the morning - 8:30.
Some of the stools, like the one's I ordered, are imports. Mine were made in the Philippines. It depends on what you're buying.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Angry Buyers Beware - Futon Barstools and More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsew22 View Post
Has anyone had a problem with this company? We ordered barstools on 2/24/11. To date we have no barstools, and no answers from these people.
They are slow to call back, we have called 3 times since Thursday and still no answer as to when we will receive our stools. They promised us delivery 5-6 weeks!
Just a word to the wise. DO NOT take your business here. 9 weeks, no barstools. First explaination was accepted (came in wrong color). For the last four weeks, nothing but more lies but Anna can take a vacation on your money. We did get a refund after being treated like crap , but we would suggest another vendor for your barstool needs.

Shame on me for being played for four additional weeks!

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Default Barstools

We went there 2 years ago to order 3 barstools. There was a delay of a week as the stock didn't arrive on time at a warehouse in Orlando. He adjusted our bill by paying the sales tax.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Platinum member

We had a similar experience as other posters. Our stools were not ready when promised because the fabric order did not come in. The delay was 2 weeks. I could not find bar stools that I liked anywhere else and am happy with them.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran member

We ordered a futon from these folks. Very nice, friendly people. Good prices. Told us they would deliver in a few days.

One week later, they called to tell us the cover we ordered for the futon was discontinued. We went back and picked out another. They gave us a free upgrade so we were still happy customers.

Two weeks later, we called to see where the futon was. They said they were on it and would call us right back. Didn't happen. Not so happy.

Another two weeks, we called intending to cancel the order. They said they were just getting ready to call us to arrange delivery for Monday. What a coincidence... (right!)

Monday afternoon, we still hadn't gotten a call so I called them. They said they would be out in an hour. Of course, it took a couple of hours but we finally got the futon.

I would NOT recommend Futons Barstools & More.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to KateTut

We are experiencing the same issues with communication with this outfit. Our barstools and the material are in stock, have been for awhile, and they are dodging calls as to when they will be ready. It's a week past the promised date already. They don't answer messages left on their answering service, their employees repeatedly say the boss is out but they will get a message to her to call ... HA! No calls. I love the barstools we ordered, and the price is reasonable, but the customer service and the communication are terrible.

And read TOTV BEFORE you buy. I usually do, but failed to do so in this case, and boy, am I sorry!

Fast forward a week: we did get our barstools. My husband went to the shop and waited for them to do them, loaded them in the van and brought them home. They are great...nice work, good quality. The owners just lack communication skills.

Last edited by KateTut; 02-09-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 PM

We ordered barstools in early October that were due in in November. We had given them custom fabric to cover the barstools. To make a very long and painful story short, after numerous numerous promises of delays and deliveries and calls, visits and promises not fulfilled we called our credit card company and canceled this order in January. This was the day after the owner promised us she had the barstools in her truck and would personally deliver them by 6 pm that night. As usual,no call, no show and no barstools. Honest advice, cut your loses and cancel. We went to showcase direct the day we canceled in January and had our bar stools 3 weeks later with no aggrevation. Honestly, i don't want to do business with people who are not honest.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM

We ordered and paid for bar stools April 4 and was told they would be delivered April 8th or 9th. No stools. Then was told delay because of electrical fire in warehouse and delivery would be 12th or 13th. No stools. Called and was promised delivery 15th or 16th. Now when I call I get a voice mail telling me the call box is full. Take your business elsewhere.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.