Problems with Futons Barstools & More?

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Default Don't buy barstools from Futons Barstools and More

Did anyone ever get their barstools? We have waited 3 months (this is June 2013) and the owner never calls you back to update you on the delay. First the barstools did not arrive in the original shipment (out of The Philippines). Then there was a delay in Miami (lost they say). So we chose a different bar stool, but the fabric took a month to come in (another lie??) even though Ana, the owner, said the fabric was in stock. Fabric came in and within days/a week we were to get our barstools (that was 3 weeks ago). Yesterday (Thursday) we were told the barstools were arriving at our house today (Friday). They never arrived. I called the owner to ask for a refund and she just said ok, that she would take care of it in the morning--no sorry about that--very strange way to operate.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsew22 View Post
Has anyone had a problem with this company? We ordered barstools on 2/24/11. To date we have no barstools, and no answers from these people.
They are slow to call back, we have called 3 times since Thursday and still no answer as to when we will receive our stools. They promised us delivery 5-6 weeks!
We purchased a futon from the previous owner. After a few years we noticed a huge crack down the front. Now my lifetimetime guarentee is out the window. The took my pic from my cell phone and said they would get back to me that week. Its now been four weeks. I won't purchase from them again. Nothing worse than chasing down businesses who don't honor your purchase agreements. All I was asking for was a fix. Not replacement.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

how does this place stay in business
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 PM

So nice to know that we are not the only ones to be treated poorly. We were given inaccurate information as to the size of a queen futon. When delivered, we told them it was too large for the room. We called dozens of times to have the queen replaced with a full size but our calls went to Ana's voicemail and she never returned the calls. This was the weekend before Christmas and we needed the futon for relatives coming for the holidays. Ana lied to me so many times I cannot count. The full size futon was finally delivered on Christmas Eve with no cover. We still haven't received the cover and I doubt we ever will. Unfortunately, we paid in full by credit card so we're out $1051 with a smaller futon than we paid for and no cover. She is one louse businesswoman. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:15 AM

Amen to that. We paid in advance (big mistake) for a futon which ended up being too big for our space. Numerous calls to Ana's FULL voicemail, calls to the flower shop and many text messages went unanswered. Finally rec'd the smaller futon with a cracked frame and a mattress with no cover. Have still not heard from Ana and this has been 4 weeks. Stopped at the store and it's closed for remodeling. Go figure. What a lousy businesswoman. Thanks for letting me vent.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.