Property Management

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2019, 11:31 AM
Default Property Management

Has anyone used Realty Executives to manage your rental property? Please share your opinion and recommendation if you have used another group.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

I checked out their website. First it is not even in the top ten of Goggle searches. If potential renters find their way to the site it is exceptionally hard to navigate in, one of the worst I have seen. Ask yourself, if you were a renter would you even know about this firm and their listings?

I am biased though, I manage my own home from a distance. I do consider my logic reasonable and sound despite my bias.

In 2019 I saved over 2,000 by not using this firm and those like it, by not paying their fee.

Last edited by Toymeister; 11-30-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:12 PM

Good point about the top 10. Thanks for your insight.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I checked out their website. First it is not even in the top ten of Goggle searches. If potential renters find their way to the site it is exceptionally hard to navigate in, one of the worst I have seen. Ask yourself, if you were a renter would you even know about this firm and their listings?

I am biased though, I manage my own home from a distance. I do consider my logic reasonable and sound despite my bias.

In 2019 I saved over 2,000 by not using this firm and those like it, by not paying their fee.
We managed our own from Minnesota for 5 years
Old 12-01-2019, 12:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsyham View Post
Good point about the top 10. Thanks for your insight.
Placement in Google aside and if you prefer using a service and you want high occupancy rates, use one that uses another popular listing service such as the popular website for vacation rentals that starts with a V (which is blocked here) or Airbnb.

I have personally used both of those. My limited experience was not positive. It could be sample bias error though.

The number one mistake, IMHO, is management services and owners who DIY make is pricing to the average market price. Allow me to explain; the biggest clearing House for rental listings is www dot vh4r dot com. They don't allow listings more than a year in advance. So all new prime season listings hit the market on one January one year in advance.

Renters have a choice and choose the best price/home. So rents gravitate towards the median price point. Now if you wait until April you will have no competition and you can command a premium. Virtually no one does this, certainly no management firm that I am aware of.

Last edited by Toymeister; 12-01-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
property, share, recommendation, opinion, rental

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.