Queen Palm trimming/cleaning out?

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Queen Palm trimming/cleaning out?

Over the years the cost per tree has risen to approaching $20 + per tree.

And there are so many different door knockers offering to do the work.

Recently recieved a card from a company called Trimscapes by Brandon Brown. His quoted prices are much more reasonable. Has anybody used or heard of him?

Please comment and or recommend someone you are using.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Sage

I am not sure about pricing...

My only input is to recommend a person I 'trust'. He has done a lot of work for me from trimming the whole yard when I was away for summer, removing my queen palms, installing a patio, etc.

Before we had developed any type of relationship, I called him to trim the whole yard while I was up north. I was not going to be back for another month. When I asked how to pay him, he said call me when you get back .

Hector Benitez 352-321-5320
Old 12-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Gold member

Great landscaping service!!!!!

I've been remiss to not share this person with you for any landscaping jobs that you may need help with. He's been trimming our palms and also trimming and cleaning up all the bushes we have around the house. Very reasonable pricing and a hard working husband and father trying to make ends meet. He also does work for my SIL with the same great results. His job listing includes mowing, edging, trimming and mulching. In fact we have him scheduled next to remove shrubbery and install new plants in our rock borders and also refill some of the rock borders with needed stone. His company is Straight Edge Lawn Maintenance. Cell # 352-348-2254. Bobby Rutherford Jr. Leave a message and he'll return your call ASAP. I think you'll be very pleased with his work.
Skip 2
Old 12-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam

By your meaning of trimming does he strip off all that junk from queens or just removes fronds and pods?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
By your meaning of trimming does he strip off all that junk from queens or just removes fronds and pods?
My trimming means removing palm fronds, open and closed seed pods, any dead base from previous fronds removed, clean any other collection in the palm, remove all from the property.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I just trimmed my 6 palms last week of seed pods and fronds; looks like I saved $120+; money in the pocket.

DIY - a lost art in The Villages.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I just trimmed my 6 palms last week of seed pods and fronds; looks like I saved $120+; money in the pocket.

DIY - a lost art in The Villages.
I didn't move here to do yard work!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 12-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage

Retirement and increasing age do not mix with ladders and balancing at the top of them.

Our palms are 20+ feet tall and will fill a good sized trailer with all the fronds and seed pods.

I am usually a DIY person as much as possible but the palms are beyond my safety and physical capability limit.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Smile Best tree/shrub trimming

I have used many companys. None as good as "HANWOOD SITE MANAGEMENT". Has clean professional equipment. Good prices. My trees and flower beds have never looked so good. Comes every three months for a "check up" he ALWAYS SHOWS UP AND ON TIME.
Devin at (352)-435-5626
Closed Thread

Tags
tree, quoted, prices, brown, brandon, called, trimscapes, reasonable, recommend, comment, heard, company, recently, risen, approaching, $20, cost, years, palm, trimming/cleaning, work, queen, recieved, card, offering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.