Rain Gutters

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Default Rain Gutters

Looking for suggested companies and telephone numbers to have a gutter installed. Thank you.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laportjm View Post
Looking for suggested companies and telephone numbers to have a gutter installed. Thank you.
Hill's Seamless Gutters, 352-245-7462 or 352-470-0236.
They did a great job on our house, reasonable pricing.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:39 PM

" Hills " !! I do not know what type of house you have but what decision goes into guttering Village's houses is a mystery to me. About 60-70 % of our house was guttered and where it was not, made no sense to me whatsoever. Just call a gutter company, and Hills is a good one, and tell them to " gutter " the rest of the house just like they do up north. I suspect if you do, few problems associated with a lack of gutters will ever show up in the future. If you want to wait until we have one of those Florida rains with 3-4 inches an hour go ahead. You will end up guttering the whole house.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

The only part of guttering that TV does is the front entry, so I don't know what Poster #3 is talking about with 60-70% being already done.
We did not take any of their gutters because I find the downspouts at the front entry unsightly, as if gutters altogether aren't ugly enough.
We also used Hills and were happy with their work.
We guttered all parts of the house where the roof sloped down and don't know how anyone can live without doing that.
Yes, do it now and don't wait for the first downpour; you won't be sorry you did.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Default RE: places you do not have gutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
" Hills " !! I do not know what type of house you have but what decision goes into guttering Village's houses is a mystery to me. About 60-70 % of our house was guttered and where it was not, made no sense to me whatsoever. Just call a gutter company, and Hills is a good one, and tell them to " gutter " the rest of the house just like they do up north. I suspect if you do, few problems associated with a lack of gutters will ever show up in the future. If you want to wait until we have one of those Florida rains with 3-4 inches an hour go ahead. You will end up guttering the whole house.
Remember-gutters do not evaporate the water they only redirect it. You need to have a place to move the water to. Most properties around here are SMALL.
DUMPING water from you home onto your neighbor????
Old 05-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Veteran member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
Remember-gutters do not evaporate the water they only redirect it. You need to have a place to move the water to. Most properties around here are SMALL.
DUMPING water from you home onto your neighbor????
Not for a minute does anyone think that the water in gutters evaporates! Where did that come from? Also, gutters do not redirect water but downspouts do.

Rivaridger did not say anything about "dumping water" on to a neighboring property.
Just as a point of information, when the houses are built, they are graded with a swale. Consequently, rain water would not go onto a neighbor's property; it would drain down to the street because of the swale.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:12 AM
Sage

Run away from HILLS. They use cheesy chinese fasteners that rust and stain the gutters and downspouts. They told me I had to "do the maintenance " on the screws. I did. I changed all the fasteners to stainless steel. no more rust !! Doing maintenance on screws is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

http://www.mandmservices.webs.com/

We highly recommend.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

M & M. You can look up the number. Did great job on both houses I own. Fast and reasonable.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:18 PM

a action gutters great use them good price and excellent service
Old 05-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Another vote for M & M!

Tags
gutter, installed, numbers, telephone, gutters

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.