Recent mattress purchase

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Smile Recent mattress purchase

Has anyone recently purchased a new king size mattress and baseboard for a bad back and which they are happy with and paid between $1000 and $1500 including baseboard. Also where you purchased it (name of store) and brand name of mattress. This type of shopping is quite a chore and I am trying to save time. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsie25 View Post
Has anyone recently purchased a new king size mattress and baseboard for a bad back and which they are happy with and paid between $1000 and $1500 including baseboard. Also where you purchased it (name of store) and brand name of mattress. This type of shopping is quite a chore and I am trying to save time. Thanks!
I just purchased a Cal King Bamboo Gel 13 from Brentwood Home for $750.00 and it was delivered to my house. I am very pleased with the mattress and I did quite a bit of research before buying.
You might also have a look at Casper - that mattress comes recommended and delivers to the house also.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfooter View Post
I just purchased a Cal King Bamboo Gel 13 from Brentwood Home for $750.00 and it was delivered to my house. I am very pleased with the mattress and I did quite a bit of research before buying.
I appreciate your post as we are also looking for a king-size bed.
I've been thinking of a sleep-number bed; but that is a pricey option for residents that are seasonal.
We just bought a Sealy Posturpedic in Canada with gel, which is awesome, but they don't make the same bed in the US.
Does the price from Brentwood include a box spring or base? Is the mattress firm but comfy?

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-07-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I appreciate your post as we are also looking for a king-size bed.
I've been thinking of a sleep-number bed; but that is a pricey option for residents that are seasonal.
We just bought a Sealy Posturpedic in Canada with gel, which is awesome, but they don't make the same bed in the US.
Does the price from Brentwood include a box spring or base? Is the mattress firm but comfy?
I used my existing boxes and they are working fine. The mattress is considered medium - you can see several options when you visit the Brentwood Home web site.
Do a little research and you will see how most mattresses are constructed and where the get layer and form layers are located.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
You might also have a look at Casper - that mattress comes recommended and delivers to the house also.
Like Barefoot, I want to thank you for posting. I am also in the market for a new mattress. Any other info./ personal insight would be much appreciated.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Like Barefoot, I want to thank you for posting. I am also in the market for a new mattress. Any other info./ personal insight would be much appreciated.
All I can say is that I would buy the same mattress again - it's great!
Old 08-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
All I can say is that I would buy the same mattress again - it's great!
Sent you a PM. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:31 AM
Sage

We are arriving shortly, and staying in a hotel until we can buy a firm king-size mattress and have it delivered.
I will try Brentwood Homes based on msfooter's recommendation.
Has anyone in The Villages bought a mattress lately at a store they can recommend?
CWGUY, have you bought a mattress recently?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Purchased one and in six months it had hollowed out places...we complained to the big box store where we purchased it and they allowed us to buy a much more expensive one, and take the first in return and now it too has depressions. (Someone suggested return it... it seemed wrong,but we did)

Now everyone will think we are extremely large people, we aren't twiggy's but still.

I think they are being made somewhere that doesn't have the high standards that we used to enjoy in mattresses. We used to sleep on them comfortably for years even knowing they were writhing beneath us with dust mites........EWWWWW. Is that true???

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-20-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Purchased one and in six months it had hollowed out places...we complained to the big box store where we purchased it and they allowed us to buy a much more expensive one, and take the first in return and now it too has depressions. (Someone suggested return it... it seemed wrong,but we did)
GG, can you recommend a mattress store, or one to avoid?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
GG, can you recommend a mattress store, or one to avoid?
NO. I cannot. Henry is miserable on this new...Serta or Sealy EXTRA firm. It has hollows and it is about ten months old.

They are out to get us.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We went through this same dilemma a few years ago. Susi likes a soft mattress and I like a firm one. We did the sleep number where she was a 35 and I was an 80, but gave up on that after a few pump problems.

We tried many different ones. Use to look at every mattress in every hotel we stayed at to narrow the field.

We ended up buying a Simmons Beautyrest NxG plush pillow top king mattress and we both love it. For me it seems way to soft when you first lay down, but than shortly it feels very firm. After 4 years, no dents, soft spots or any other issues. I would buy it again if it's still available when we replace it.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Sage

We bought a Simmons K-size "Cape Horn" plush (not pillow top) Beautyrest at Mattress Firm 9 years ago and it is still SO comfortable and shows no wear. At the same time we bought a Q-size Pillow-top Simmons without box springs for the guest room and everyone remarks how comfortable it is. I think we just got lucky.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
We are arriving shortly, and staying in a hotel until we can buy a firm king-size mattress and have it delivered.
I will try Brentwood Homes based on msfooter's recommendation.
Has anyone in The Villages bought a mattress lately at a store they can recommend?
CWGUY, have you bought a mattress recently?
Bought a really nice King Extra Firm Beautyrest from Monique at Mattress Firm on 44 across from Brownwood. Monique is the lead singer in Monique and Company but this is her full time job. Very easy to work with and very knowledgeable. They also have no interest financing. My mattress was more than the $1500 as it was the top of the line. It seems the thicker the mattress the more they cost. This one is 17" deep. My experience with a lesser expensive mattresses and had to replace it within 3 years of purchase. Thought I would bite the bullet this time and see how it goes. So far I am very pleased and it has been 6 months so far. I did put a thicker mattress pad on it (not a topper but a pad) to start as my bones can't quite take the totally firm mattress but still gives me the firmness I need for my bad back. Tell Monique Judy sent you and she will show you which mattress I bought. I get no kickback. P.S. It took just a couple days for delivery
Old 10-20-2017, 03:10 PM

Just had to go thru this same process.... have always been a Sealy Posturepedic fan. Went to Sears in Ocala, extremely helpful, patient, pleasant sales woman. Was trying the Sealy mattresses and nothing felt good. I have severe arthritic problems with the spine, and recently underwent surgery twice for a herniated disc. Mattress selection is a big problem. The saleswoman suggested I try "this one".... had no idea what it was, tried it for about 30-40 minutes and fell in love. It was a Beautyrest, I cannot find the specific design, but it is NOT Gel or foam and it is NOT a pillowtop. All I can tell you is, it is perfect. I prefer a firm mattress, hubby prefers a softer one and we both are really happy with this mattress. 2-3 yrs old and holding up well, no pockets, groves, dents, remains as when purchased. It was within your stated price range. There is a return policy if you are not satisfied....
Closed Thread

Tags
mattress, purchased, baseboard, store, brand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.