Recommendations for a contractor for a birdcage

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Default Recommendations for a contractor for a birdcage

I live in a courtyard villa and I am looking for a contractor with some ideas on putting in a new birdcage. Please get back to me with any recommendations. We live in a 2+2 so space is limited, so creativity is key. I love the information that comes from this site so I felt why not and reach out to you guys for some advice.

Thanks and have a great day !
Old 10-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIronton View Post
I live in a courtyard villa and I am looking for a contractor with some ideas on putting in a new birdcage. Please get back to me with any recommendations. We live in a 2+2 so space is limited, so creativity is key. I love the information that comes from this site so I felt why not and reach out to you guys for some advice.

Thanks and have a great day !
We live in a CYV also. We had All Around Aluminum install a birdcage this spring. We love it. You should know, though, that it's HOT and HUMID much of the year.

On the rear of our house there was already a concrete "platform." That was original to the house, so we knew is was within the setback requirements. Our lanai is adjacent to the that concrete, so we had one side of the lanai screening removed so that it is now open to the birdcage.

A little advice: plan for multiple electric outlets for outdoor-rated lamps, music, electric grill, etc. Think also if you want to install ceiling fans. You will also have to have, by code, an outlet on the OUTSIDE of the cage--only heaven knows why.

Good luck!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Sage

Wonder how many folks use their bird cage when it is hot and humid most of the year.

We hardly ever use our lanai but the boss still wants to build a bird thingy - - -

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

T&D

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-17-2017, 09:41 PM

Well I actually love it hot and humid, which is why I am thinking about doing it. We keep our house at 80 which might be a little hot for most. I would like to follow the original concrete as well. I am just hoping the cost is not way out of our budget. With leaving the existing concrete we will have that small step out of the original lenni but I think it will be ok. I was in a friends house that had it done like that and I thought it was fine.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:43 PM

So far it looks like :

All Around Alliuminum
T & D
Old 10-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Sage

The birdcage around our pool was built by Jody Wilson Construction, 2182 SE 73rd St, Ocala, FL 34480. Phone: (352) 622-4640. Prompt, experienced installation crew, still pleased with it after 2 years of use.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Sage
Default Recommendations for a contractor for a birdcage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
We live in a CYV also. We had All Around Aluminum install a birdcage this spring. We love it. You should know, though, that it's HOT and HUMID much of the year.

On the rear of our house there was already a concrete "platform." That was original to the house, so we knew is was within the setback requirements. Our lanai is adjacent to the that concrete, so we had one side of the lanai screening removed so that it is now open to the birdcage.

A little advice: plan for multiple electric outlets for outdoor-rated lamps, music, electric grill, etc. Think also if you want to install ceiling fans. You will also have to have, by code, an outlet on the OUTSIDE of the cage--only heaven knows why.

Good luck!

We have a new build birdcage by T&D. No receptacle mounted on the outside of cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage
Default birdcage

Brian Terry Vinyl did a great job on ours. They take no money until after job is complete and you are happy. You're welcome to come see it.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:27 PM

Everyone thank you for your replys, I will set up some appointments and see how I make out. I will report back. I hope it is within our budget 😊
Old 10-18-2017, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Second for Brian Terry. 12x28= $6300. They didn’t ask for a penny until they were finished and we were happy

Closed Thread

Tags
live, contractor, recommendations, birdcage, felt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.