Recommendations for kitchen appliances

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2018, 08:54 PM

I have a refrigerator that leaks out the back about every 3-6 months. Appliance person been out twice - can't seem to figure out where it is leaking from. So I ask him - what refrigerators do you service the most - he said do not buy LG or SAMSUNG. The French Door (bottom freezer) are problems because if you don't pull from the middle he said they get off track and cause more problems. The only appliances he can gets parts and he recommended were GE and Kenmore. Also he said absolutely pay and get the extended warranty - he said you will need it and it will pay for itself. I need a great appliance person - I love my refrigerator - the ice makes is still working since 2009 - would love to get it fixed if anyone could tell me whom else to call....
Old 09-04-2018, 06:02 AM

I think Costco is your best bet. If you don't belong, purchase a membership, it'll pay for itself. We bought a Washer and Dryer when we first moved here. About 4 years later I could tell a bearing was going in the Washer, ringing during the spin cycle. I called them and asked to send a repairman out or whatever. They told me they would send someone out to pick them both up, refund my full purchase price, and I should just go up to their site and order new ones. I did an got a comparable set for less than I paid for the first ones. I guess they're not kidding when they say if you're ever not satisfied bring it back. Well in this case they came and picked it up.

Now, we've also replaced all our kitchen appliances, when we first moved in and again last year. We've made those purchases at Lowe's. Had a little problem getting a stove the first time (3 deliveries cuz the sides were dented). After the 3rd time they told me it would be a month before they could get me another one in black. That was on a Saturday. Well I called corporate and would you believe they had me a new one that Monday!! This last time we again went to Lowe's and the sales person cautioned us, just about all these are made in China. They are full of electronics and they all break sooner or later. So we invested in their 5 year extended warranty just to be on the safe side and bought Samsung. Happy so far.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts
Default Give Sear's Kenmore Elite a close look

We replaced all of the builder's appliances with Kenmore Elite brand from Sears 4 months after moving in. We had purchased the same brand a few years earlier for a previous home that we remodeled and loved them. There's a Sears appliance store on 27/441 north of TV.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:00 AM
Veteran member
Default Samsung - LG

Make sure if you buy a Korean brand, they have some form of local service. Both are great brands, but I have read that getting them serviced can be a bear.

We have had good luck with multiple Frigidaire appliances.

As to Lowe's and Home Depot, just go with the best sale at the time. There's not much difference between them.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Appliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Replacing kitchen appliances
need recommendations
Home Dept - Lowe's - Best Buy
Which brand is most reliable? How about service?
We are very satisfied with SEARS. Good, neat Delivery, nice units.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Bosoxfan

Appliance Direct in Leesburg...best prices
Old 09-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not sure of the best place to buy, but LG makes good stuff.
I agree. I did two kitchens with all LG: stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and convection microwave.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:52 AM

These people Lowe’s uses for Lg and Samsung even Whirlpool
Showtime TV Service
2465 SE Hwy. 484
Belleview, FL 34420

Phone Numbers:

Office: 352-307-0150
Old 09-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Default Refrigerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not sure of the best place to buy, but LG makes good stuff.
Wouldn't recommend Whirlpool. I have had nothing but problems with mine. And its brand new. Now they are coming to replace door.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:52 PM

Our LG fridge is OK. It's a French door style with a roll out freezer drawer on the bottom. By far it's the best layout of any fridge previously owned. My only problem with it is that it is the noisiest one we've ever owned.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendations, appliances, kitchen, brand, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.