Recommendations on where to purchase furniture

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2020, 07:01 AM

I ordered an entertainment center from Babettes the middle of August when I first arrived here with no furniture. I thought it would be so easy to buy new furniture. Well, the last I heard my furniture was on a containment ship in the middle of the ocean. So I went to City Furniture and purchased a reclining love seat...then bought la-Z-boy recliner, 2 end tables, and dining room set from Whites which was delivered the next week. Last week I went to Blockers and got 2 night stands and a very unique desk. It has taken me 2 months and over $10,000 to furnish my home. But you do have to shop around.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:03 AM

I have some Thomasville dining furniture, cocktail table, kitchen table with glass top and 4 chairs that is rattan and a large bedroom armoire. All is excellent condition. Also have some lanai furniture. I will be taking photo's of all this today.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igolf View Post
Moving in soon to our winter getaway. It is completely empty. Need some basic furniture (bedroom set, dining set, recliners) before being able to look for those gently used pieces. Need recommendations on where to shop. Thanks much
Had a new neighbor move in recently, order a lot of stuff from Wayfair, free delivery. one way to get the many things you might need.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:04 AM

Nextdoor, the neighborhood conversation thread. I saw two nice dining room sets “free”. Many low cost items.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:05 AM

We furnished from several sources...Babette's is wonderful for new. Carriage Trade (high quality Consignment)in Ocala was great for desk and extra dressers...And Costco recliner set terrific.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:07 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

Bargains and Blessing, Wildwood. Sponsored by New Covenant United Methodist and all profits go to various ministries within our area.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:10 AM

I've lived in TV for 3 years: had good luck with Furniture Barn Consignment in Fruitland Park. Good quality furniture and they will deliver for a small charge.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igolf View Post
Moving in soon to our winter getaway. It is completely empty. Need some basic furniture (bedroom set, dining set, recliners) before being able to look for those gently used pieces. Need recommendations on where to shop. Thanks much
We were in the same position as you are last year at this time. We wandered into Kane's furniture in Ocala just to look around and 4 hours later had our house completely furnished. Lol At the time they were offering a credit card with free interest for a year which was a very nice option and our sales person was excellent.

Their delivery service people work directly for Kanes... no outsourcing. They are very very careful bringing furniture into your home because from what I understand if they break it they have to pay for it personally. We are very happy with their products and their customer service.

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2020, 07:12 AM

If you want new go down to Altamonte Spring ( about an hour away ) they have every furniture store to could want on one strip. Rte 200 in Ocala is a good place to go also but not as many . If you don’t mind used, Bargains and Treasures and Furniture Barn ( in Leesburg ) are good places to go. They usually get people’s furniture who rented and now moved down permanently and want new for themselves. Furniture Barn usually only carries high end like Ethan Allen And Thomasville. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2020, 07:18 AM

Almost Perfect is the place to go on 441N. Quite a variety to choose from.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Almost Perfect used furniture is hit or miss based on current inventory but has some great deals. Avoid $hitty Furniture at all costs, whoops I meant City Furniture.
I agree. Avoid City Furniture. We had several terrible experiences with them. Their customer service is the worst, and the quality of furniture and delivery leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:22 AM

Our Mothers Attic, church run resale shop with beautiful furnishings and homegoods from Villagers at amazing prices. They deliver and set up. They fund local charities, all who work there are volunteers. Check them out, you'll be glad you did.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It's filled with people's old furniture. What do you expect?

it's what i expected

good place for a COVID test
Old 10-20-2020, 07:23 AM

Rooms to go has some great buys and decent quality. You can also Google furniture stores in Area. Ocala.Leesburg. etc. Almost all have extensive web sites. Get your basics and have fun exploring Consignment as well as Estate sales. Welcome to The Villages.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:24 AM
Default where to get furniture

Locally on 441 is Whites. They sell Lazy Boy which I like. Also in Ocala is Kanes got all my bedroom sets there. Avoid City Furniture.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendations, furniture, set, recliners, gently

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.