Homeowners Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2020, 02:14 PM
Default Homeowners Insurance

I would like recomendations to switch insurance companies. We own what is called a "manufactured" home in the "historic" section north of 27/441 in Country Club Hills. I have been with Formost insurance company with The Villages Insurance as my agent for three years. It costs me $1,622 annualy. We had a scare last week as I got a notice direct from Formost that my policy had been cancelled due to non payment for renewal. I never received the usual policy renewal notice with the new policy for the next term attached. I called my agent (Villages Insurance) who informed me there was nothing they could do, and that I would have to call Formost myself. I had to push back at them and insist that since they were my agent therefore it is incumbent on them to resolve it. Finally they resolved the issue with Formost and I paid Villages Insurance on the phone to renew/reinstate.
Terrible experience to receive a letter telling you your policy was cancelled a week before, and you have had no coverage since then during a hurricane, tornado season. Plus now having a cancellation for non-payment on your lifetime record.
I would like to find another agency or insurance copany that is more service/customer service friendly. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhurtt@twc.com View Post
I would like recomendations to switch insurance companies. We own what is called a "manufactured" home in the "historic" section north of 27/441 in Country Club Hills. I have been with Formost insurance company with The Villages Insurance as my agent for three years. It costs me $1,622 annualy. We had a scare last week as I got a notice direct from Formost that my policy had been cancelled due to non payment for renewal. I never received the usual policy renewal notice with the new policy for the next term attached. I called my agent (Villages Insurance) who informed me there was nothing they could do, and that I would have to call Formost myself. I had to push back at them and insist that since they were my agent therefore it is incumbent on them to resolve it. Finally they resolved the issue with Formost and I paid Villages Insurance on the phone to renew/reinstate.
Terrible experience to receive a letter telling you your policy was cancelled a week before, and you have had no coverage since then during a hurricane, tornado season. Plus now having a cancellation for non-payment on your lifetime record.
I would like to find another agency or insurance copany that is more service/customer service friendly. Any suggestions? Thanks.
There are some things in life that you cannot, CANNOT, depend on a vendor to notify you of payment to keep the purchased policy in force. Too much is at stake if unfortunately this occurs. A few come to mind; Homeowners, Medical, Auto Insurance just to name a few. Yes they should notify you but lost mail and email can easily be the culprit. Be overly diligent and keep a calendar with these dates for your own peace of mind.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhurtt@twc.com View Post
I would like recomendations to switch insurance companies. We own what is called a "manufactured" home in the "historic" section north of 27/441 in Country Club Hills. I have been with Formost insurance company with The Villages Insurance as my agent for three years. It costs me $1,622 annualy.
I have Foremost for 9 years on my golf cart, it's less than a $100 a year. However, for the home I have Cabrillo Coastal Insurance through TV Insurance Agency and it's $619 for a masonry CYV. I just got the renewal bill, it was $575 last year.

Cabrillo Coastal General Insurance Agency SG – Residential property insurance for hurricane-exposed areas.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
There are some things in life that you cannot, CANNOT, depend on a vendor to notify you of payment to keep the purchased policy in force. Too much is at stake if unfortunately this occurs. A few come to mind; Homeowners, Medical, Auto Insurance just to name a few. Yes they should notify you but lost mail and email can easily be the culprit. Be overly diligent and keep a calendar with these dates for your own peace of mind.
Yes that is true, but with the notice of renewal due they include the new policy for the year. There are usually changes. I need that. It will help me decide if I do want to renew.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:11 AM

Our homeowners insurance on our 6 year old masonry 3 bedroom home increased 8.9% in 1 year.

We have Cabrillo Coastal with Safe Harbor Insurance Company.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Check and see if you can set up automatic pay on renewal. Foremost is one of the best policies for manufactured homes in Florida. Not sure if you can get same coverage on any other policies being written.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, formost, policy, agent, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.