Refrigerator Repair

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 09:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Mr. Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
Can anyone recommend a good refrigerator repair person/company? I did a search and Beck's was the one that came highly recommended but one of the posts mentioned Mr. Beck died. I did try the phone number and it's been disconnected. So, I'm back to square one. Thanks for help!
I am very sad to hear Mr. Beck died. He was very nice, honest and fair. He will be missed.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:22 AM
Thumbs up

All About Appliances 352-630-2202. Initially called them for my mother's dryer. Eric is knowledgeable, efficient and trustworthy. I called them for a repair to my washer. Immediately diagnosed the problem, ordered a part (my washer is VERY old, but I'll take it over the new ones) and it was fixed within the week. I also used them to clean both my mother's and my dryer vent. You wouldn't believe what was packed inside the wall. (Neither vented to the outside) Fire waiting to happen.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
It sounds like something is interfering with the air flow to the upper section. Try a google search on this topic, include your model number. We had a leak from the freezer portion (Whirlpool) that ended up being a badly designed drain line. You have already done all of the items I would have suggested. Hope this helps.
V/Tinker - Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:01 PM

I use Brothers have had great results. 352-751-1660
Old 03-25-2020, 03:38 PM

The number I have for Beck's is 352-245-3598.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Default resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
Can anyone recommend a good refrigerator repair person/company? I did a search and Beck's was the one that came highly recommended but one of the posts mentioned Mr. Beck died. I did try the phone number and it's been disconnected. So, I'm back to square one. Thanks for help!
we have always been happy with PQ's Appliance Repair in Belleview
with free overphone advice 352-347-6950
Old 06-09-2020, 03:46 PM

I hired 2 Brothers appliance to repair my ice maker. They came 3 times and it still did not work. I was unsuccessful at reaching them at first. When I finally spoke with them I was shocked not only by their antagonist attitude, but use of profanity as he screamed at me after I told him I would be going to Seniors against Crime. I then had to hire Desantis Appliance. They repaired it and diagnosis was that icemaker was unplugged (which I had 2 Brothers replace). Also, Desantis found that left side optics was not correctly plugged in (which, again 2 Brothers replaced).I had paid 2 Brothers a total of $326.35 to have it not work. It then cost me another $89 to have it fixed by Desantis. I plan to go to the County and pursue reimbursement once the County opens up. Definitely stay away from 2 Brothers appliance. In fact after multiple requests I have not received all of the receipts.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
Slightly off topic, but I've recently been experiencing a strange phenomenon with a less than 1-1/2 years old GE refrigerator. For the first 1-1/4 years, the temps in the upper frig section were rock solid at 35 deg F. The upper section is set at 35 deg F, and I have a thermometer in it to keep a check on it.

Of late, early in the morning with no one entering it for hours, the frig section reads 41 deg F. It hangs there throughout much of the day, although infrequently there are times it does read in the mid 30's for short periods of time. I put two additional thermometers in the frig, and they both read essentially the same as the first thermometer. We pulled the food away from the walls of the frig, and made sure the vents were not blocked. There appears to be no issue with the door seals. The ice maker makes "dry" ice cubes and the freezer section is holding steady at 0 deg F. I vacuumed the coils section, which weren't very dirty, so I do not think they are part of the issue.

I don't understand why the frig section is suddenly acting the way it is. Does anyone have a suggestion?
We are having the same issue with a Samsung French Door refrigerator. It started with the upper section being to cold and freezing the food. Now it just doesn’t keep the proper temperature. The refrigerator is set for 36 degrees but stays at a constant 40/42. The freezer portion is right on. The fridge is under warranty from Best Buy. When the problem first happened Best Buy was not doing in-home services. DeSantis took the first crack at the problem. They replaced all the sensors and the main board twice. Best Buy started doing in in-home services again, so their authorized service company came out and replaced the main fan and an insulation panel. No change and they are coming back again this week. Including the diagnostic trips, this will be service call number 8!
Old 06-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Default Where

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have used Beck's since Mr. beck passed away, great service. As for your current problem, if this is the ice maker on a Whirlpool french door unit, I just fixed ours with the hairdryer, that was 3-4 months ago, still working great.
where did you reply the heat? Is there a specific place, I don't see any visible water lines? Whirlpool french door refrigerator.
Closed Thread

Tags
refrigerator, repair, back, beck, disconnected

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.