Renting a single Bed

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Veteran member
Default Renting a single Bed

Help. Being invaded...opps, visited by too many relatives this coming Christmas. I have a guest room and blow up mattresses, but not enough. Does anyone know where I can rent a bed for a week or so?

Please do not suggest I buy another blow up mattress. The person who needs the bed is 90 and she cannot get up and down from a blow up mattress on the floor. The guest room is also booked for more elderly people.

I googled several different ways without any luck besides rent-a-center, which requires a monthly contract. I only need bed for a week or so. I was thinking that even a hospital bed would work if that is the only place I can rent by the week.....any suggestions?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default You could borrow our single pull out bed,

But I am not sure if we will need that single pull out bed at Christmas. It is a love seat from IKEA that makes into a bed. I will know in a couple of weeks if we will be here or there. If we go back to Ohio you can surely use it, if you like.

I know that they have bases for blowup mattresses that are part of the mattress and they have them in singles. They make it the same height of a bed. They collapse neatly when the bed has the air let out.They aren't cheap though. Go to Frontgate.com or Ballarddesigns.com

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-16-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You should check out FRONTGATE...its a cataloue store that has portable beds that are on a metal frame that blows up and expands...and then collapses into a suitcase. They are called the Essential EZ Bed They come is double, queem or even king size. These beds are very comfortable and conviently stow away. Since they are on a metal frame, they are easy to get on and off. Priced from $179-229. see if this link works.

http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?it...%2C3636%2C4480
Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
You should check out FRONTGATE...its a cataloue store that has portable beds that are on a metal frame that blows up and expands...and then collapses into a suitcase. They are called the Essential EZ Bed They come is double, queem or even king size. These beds are very comfortable and conviently stow away. Since they are on a metal frame, they are easy to get on and off. Priced from $179-229. see if this link works.

Nice find, thanks for the link. I watched the video. The bed setup is so slick, I was waiting for the bed to put itself back into the suitcase when done. It is little bit pricey, but seems a better alternative than a blow up mattress on floor when turning my office into a bedroom.

Last edited by ajbrown; 08-16-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM

why offer If you are not sure you will need it at Christmas????
Old 08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Sage

Salpal,

Another alternative may be to check out Big Lots in Leesburg. They have single size fold up cots for 99 dollars. Lightweight and standard bed height.

I would call first to see if they still have them in stock.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-16-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Default EZ Bed Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post

Might want to check out these reviews before buying the EZ Bed. Note one person says they bought it at Sams Club.

tiny.cc/ezreviewamazon

Last edited by herbaru; 08-16-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: link
Old 08-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Sage

Rent a Center will let you rent for the week. Just call and talk to them and they will explain the month contract thing. They will deliver, setup and then come back and unassemble and pickup. We did it in NC and my sister-in-law did it in Tenn. I'm sure it's the same in Florida.

In NC, I called and explained what I wanted and for how long. There isn't a penalty or anything underhanded. Just tell them the truth and they will explain how it is done. We got a queen mattress, box springs and the frame setup and delivered for 8 days and it was something like $50.

When they delivered my order, I noted the discussed pick-up date on the paperwork when I signed for the delivery. I was so paranoid it was a scam. Trust me, it isn't.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I will be the first to say that FRONTGATE is not cheap...we bought the double bed ....but it is quality stuff and it is comfortable and convient to stow away in the suitcase. A thousand times better than a blow up matress that simply lays on the floor. We use it in our office when we have guests and donot have to move any furniture to open the bed up. AFterwards it simply folds up and stows in the closet. I have not seen anyting like this in SAMS
Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Veteran member

I will check all these options out. I finally did find a place in Leesburg that rents roll-a-way beds by the week too. I really don't want to buy one because then it is something else to store, however, if this is going to be an annual thing, I may have to. Thanks everyone!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.