Massey's 9 yr termite treatment renewal $499

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Default Massey's 9 yr termite treatment renewal $499

Why does Massey want so much for the soil retreatment only. Still have to pay $124/yr also to renew the protection guartentee. They did the initial new home treatment which was guarenteed for 9 years. Now they say I need another treatment for another 9 yrs at $499. Or, for a lifetime guarentee, would have to pay an additional $20 per year ($145) forever. I would appreciate advice on this. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosaltal1 View Post
Why does Massey want so much for the soil retreatment only. Still have to pay $124/yr also to renew the protection guartentee. They did the initial new home treatment which was guarenteed for 9 years. Now they say I need another treatment for another 9 yrs at $499. Or, for a lifetime guarentee, would have to pay an additional $20 per year ($145) forever. I would appreciate advice on this. Thanks!
At this very moment we are evaluating our use of Massey. They are a very good company, but due to continual bills I am having to look around for a good alternative.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
At this very moment we are evaluating our use of Massey. They are a very good company, but due to continual bills I am having to look around for a good alternative.
keep in mind if Massey did the original treatment a new company may want to charge you an initial amount to do a similar first inspect and treat BEFORE putting you on an annual plan.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:49 AM

We have used Superior Services since we moved in and have been very satisfied. Their website is Ocala Pest Control And Lawn Care Service For Central Florida
Old 01-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Gold member

read your contract very carefully...

termite insurance
is costly and does not cover the things you might just think.

a treatment for your home can be done with Doityourself pest control for a lot less, read over your homeowners policy for coverage.....

Termite insurance and treatments are not required....they are an optional protection that sometimes is not what it seems to be.

Just offering a little insite into my research on the subject for my own homes.......
Old 01-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosaltal1 View Post
Before yours expires check for cost (and inspection cost) with other companies. We were without coverage for 2 years and were still able to get it from Fertigator and the cost isn't nearly as much as Massey was asking. Worth checking around for sure.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

while shopping be sure to read carefully the part that covers what the provider will do if termite damage is discovered.

Many will not cover repair of termite damage if they did not do the initial treatment. If you are giving up complete repair if termites discovered for a lessor cost but no repair there may be no advantage except in the short run, cash flow.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

More money they can suck out of us the more the CEO makes. I have hard time comprehending why need to pay for termite insurance when I am paying them to prevent them. Would that be their fault for the termite damage. I don't get it
Old 01-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Platinum member

Price out Deans. We've been pleased with their service. They use sniffer dogs.
Tampa, FL
Old 01-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

Definitely call Deans or any company that applies termitacide yearly when they do the "inspection." I hail from the Termite Capitol of the U.S. - New Orleans. After initial treatment, pesticide (Termidor or Premise) is reapplied yearly.

When I moved here 2 years ago, I called all the major cos. in the area. Most would not reapply because of cost. Deans took over my contract which was still in force, brought in their Beagle to inspect, then applied the chemical once they were sure I had no active termites.

Seems some companies here rip residents off with all the pest treatments they push. There are not that many insects here to start with, and those unwanted pests can be eliminated with a can of odorless/colorless BENGAL for inside ($15) and Home Defense & Bug-B-Gon for perimeter & yard. All available at Home Depot. Total cost=less than $75...and you'll have$$$ left to buy one of those spiffy dusting balls they love to use to dust spider webs off...LoL
Good luck...
PS... Yes, you do need termite coverage. With all the $$ you can save with treating other pests, don't skip this one!!

Last edited by Susan G; 01-08-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 01-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

What if you have a home with a cement slab, concrete block walls? Of course you have wood cabinets, furniture and roof. Having walked around the house with termite inspectors, they are looking for mud tubes that the termites use to access wood fiber and bodies and wings. They don't just simply crawl up walls to have supper. Do you still buy termite insurance?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.