Replacement canopy for a 3 seat swing

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 08:55 PM
Default Replacement canopy for a 3 seat swing

We need to replace the canopy over a 3 person swing. It was here when we purchased the house and we have no information on it including who the manufacturer is. The swing itself is still in great shape and we would love to keep it. The old one, we still have it, but it has a number of holes in it. We would like to see if we can get a new one made locally by are not aware of who might do this type of work. Can anyone help us??
Old 01-15-2018, 10:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Try a Google search, when I was back up North, I was able to find a replacement cover for our swing set. Take measurements of the frame that the cover would have to go on. Then do a search for replacement swing set covers. Once you find some manufacturers, take some photos, and call them with the dimensions and send the photos by email.
Your other option would be to contact the local sunsetter (or equal) shops, and see if they do custom work.
Finally, I think JoAnn's fabrics sells canopy material, you may be able to find someone on this site with the equipment to sew it.
Hope the helps.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:13 AM

We have tried this and no one can say for sure what model thus swing is. They have said you could try this replacement or that one. They say that if it doesn't fit you can return it but both out going shipping and return shipping costs are on us. We really do not want to full into this "trap" if we can just find someplace locally that will make us one. Thanks for your response.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OK, as I stated, I am sure Joann's fabrics has canvas. You could try calling there to see if they know of local seamstress to make the cover, or start a post looking for a seamstress to do this. Since you are doing a retrofit, keep your options open for attaching the new cover. For example, using Velcro in several locations instead of trying to have it fit over the supports real tight may make it much easier to get replacement.
There are shops in the area that make custom automobile convertible tops. This is the same material, they maybe able to make a simple cover.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:06 PM

Thanks
Old 01-16-2018, 12:53 PM

I believe there are shops in Leesburg and farther south that sell boats and boating supplies. One of them may be able to make a custom canopy for you.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Default seamstress needed

Looking for a seamstress to make us a canopy. Are you the one.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs922 View Post
Looking for a seamstress to make us a canopy. Are you the one.
Sometimes.......it is less expensive in a situation like this to either just remove the canopy or buy a new three piece swing. I am thinking that the labor and fabric would cost at least $75.

New swings;

https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...oor%203%20seat
Old 01-17-2018, 09:09 AM
fw102807

Garden Winds sells replacement canopies for most outdoor furniture

Garden Winds - The Premier Home and Garden Retailer - Garden Winds
Old 01-17-2018, 09:19 AM

Thank to all for your help so far. We have contacted Garden Winds, even sent them pictures of the swing. They are one of the ones who have said they are not sure just what model it is but they have universal ones we could order and return if it does not fir. BUT the shipping costs both ways is on us. Not sure If I want to get into this added expense.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:28 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs922 View Post
Thank to all for your help so far. We have contacted Garden Winds, even sent them pictures of the swing. They are one of the ones who have said they are not sure just what model it is but they have universal ones we could order and return if it does not fir. BUT the shipping costs both ways is on us. Not sure If I want to get into this added expense.
You should be able to tell by the dimensions. Just take it off and measure.
Closed Thread

Tags
swing, canopy, made, locally, holes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.