Resealing river rock

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2022, 02:27 PM
Default Resealing river rock

Since the untimely and sad passing of the owner of Chattahoochee River Rock, I was wondering if anyone has had their rock cleaned and resealed by anyone else. I know they used a special acrylic coating. We're looking for someone to do that job for us in our bird cage and front porch in a month or so. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesquare View Post
Since the untimely and sad passing of the owner of Chattahoochee River Rock, I was wondering if anyone has had their rock cleaned and resealed by anyone else. I know they used a special acrylic coating. We're looking for someone to do that job for us in our bird cage and front porch in a month or so. Thanks for the info.
We used them after the owners death. The son did a great job.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebanj View Post
We used them after the owners death. The son did a great job.
Cherie his widow told me a few weeks ago that they were closing the business at the end of Dec. last year permanently as Tyler was going into a different field of work out of the area. Lowe's sells the solution he used and you just roll it on.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:45 AM

Do you remember the name of the sealer?
Old 01-18-2022, 05:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Do you remember the name of the sealer?
Access Denied
le
5 Gal. Clear High Gloss Oil Based Acrylic Chattahoochee Sealer AT Home Depot

Last edited by Dana1963; 01-18-2022 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Add name
Old 01-25-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Hi we have Chattahoochee River Rock as well. I recently asked a contract that was working in the neighborhood who installs epoxy garage floors if they sealed the River Rock and he said that they have. I have not called them but it was All Surfaces Rejuvenations Plus 352-502-0707. I would imagine that anyone that can install an epoxy garage floor should be able to do the River Rock. It's just a matter of finding a business that is willing to do it.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM0715 View Post
Cherie his widow told me a few weeks ago that they were closing the business at the end of Dec. last year permanently as Tyler was going into a different field of work out of the area. Lowe's sells the solution he used and you just roll it on.
Yes they shut the business down at the end of December. I spoke with Tyler and obtained the process he did for cleaning and resealing. Here's what he told me:
Cleaning - He used a 4000 psi pressure washer. Use liquid chlorine (the kind you use for a pool) use a ratio of 1 part chlorine to 8 parts water in a pump sprayer for any staining of really dirty spots. Spray it then let it sit for several minutes. Then pressure wash the entire area. You need to wait until it is dry before sealing. Depending upon the time of year and weather it could be up to 24 hours to dry.
Sealing - They used a commercial grade epoxy. They used 2 parts commercial grade epoxy and thinned it with Xylene (found in paint dept). Thin it to a paint consistency.
Use a brush to cut in the edges along the house and bird cage, then use a roller for the larger areas. When rolling roll in a cross pattern to ensure proper coverage.
Let dry for 24 hours.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFox View Post
Yes they shut the business down at the end of December. I spoke with Tyler and obtained the process he did for cleaning and resealing. Here's what he told me:
Cleaning - He used a 4000 psi pressure washer. Use liquid chlorine (the kind you use for a pool) use a ratio of 1 part chlorine to 8 parts water in a pump sprayer for any staining of really dirty spots. Spray it then let it sit for several minutes. Then pressure wash the entire area. You need to wait until it is dry before sealing. Depending upon the time of year and weather it could be up to 24 hours to dry.
Sealing - They used a commercial grade epoxy. They used 2 parts commercial grade epoxy and thinned it with Xylene (found in paint dept). Thin it to a paint consistency.
Use a brush to cut in the edges along the house and bird cage, then use a roller for the larger areas. When rolling roll in a cross pattern to ensure proper coverage.
Let dry for 24 hours.
Very helpful, thank you. Tyler resealed our driveway. Excellent work! Now hubby is studying how to do it as Tyler is no longer available. I wonder if he went back to school. He is still young and so talented.
Closed Thread

Tags
rock, river, job, resealing, bird

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.