Great General Contractor for additions and remodeling

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 PM
Default Great General Contractor for additions and remodeling

Over a year ago we started the process of looking into finding a contractor to do a comprehensive addition to our house. When you are in the new area and don’t have companies that you’ve worked with before, it could be a bit complicated it’s scary as this is a big investment and if anything goes wrong it can become quite problematic very fast.

We did as much due diligence as we could and checked out over a dozen companies including checking with government agencies, asking for recommendations, and reading websites.

We even went and visited job sites to look at the workmanship done and talked to people who had work going on in their home at that time to see if they were happy with the workmanship.

After much study we decided to work with the company named Xcel. They weren’t the highest price, they weren’t the cheapest, they were kind of in the middle. However there was not one negative word said about them. In fact everyone had only glowing remarks about their work.

After working with Jeremy the designer and estimator who had plans drawn up and corrected multiple times as my wife and I thought of new things that we could add to our special addition. He’s always had a smile on his face and never complained about my wife’s one more great idea.

We finished compiling the plans and working out the price. We were not asked to put up a dime until a certain amount of the work was completed. All the drawers for money or asked for only after the work was done. This made us feel very comfortable as we heard many people say that their contractor took a deposit And never returned.

We were given a quote to finish the work with in three months. It actually took four but given the weather and that the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday was within this timeframe I feel they did a great job in getting it completed in the time they said they would do it.

Best of all all work was completed to the satisfaction of my wife who is very detail oriented and wanted everything to be done perfectly.

Roger who was the project manager was wonderful to deal with. I’ve had contractors that I’ve worked with before but often you would have to call them many times to get a return call. Roger almost always answered his phone and if he didn’t he would recognize your number and call you back shortly there after. if he said it was going to get something done he did it, and he stayed on top of all the subs to make sure they completed their work.

There was one small problem we had with the construction and he stayed on top of that subcontractor until everything was completed to our satisfaction.

I can’t tell you how happy we are that we chose Excel construction to be a contractor in this rather large addition to our home which included several rooms two walk-in closet‘s and a full bathroom as well as a large Florida room with an indoor summer kitchen.

This has added so much joy in living in our home as well as value to our property. We would like to think Paul the owner of the company Xcel as well as Roger and Jeremy and all the subcontractors who worked on the home I know the work was not easy as this was a complicated job but these people did everything they could to make this come out is beautiful as possible and as stress-free as possible

Last edited by OurHappyHome; 03-14-2019 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 03-15-2019, 07:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to PWPOTE2000

Great company to deal with
Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Contact info would be helpful. Googled company name. More than one exists
Thank You

Tags
work, completed, home, contractor, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.