Roofing Companies

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndlou3 View Post
What unknown issues would you be referring to? Just curious on your experience of any issues you might of had.
Also did you know there are energy efficiency with a Metal Roof? When I called Community Standard they mentioned it. So I did some research and there is actually some good points
Old 11-16-2020, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndlou3 View Post
What unknown issues would you be referring to? Just curious on your experience of any issues you might of had.
I think a metal roof is fine and don't know of any specific issues. But, in my opinion, in the construction industry, it is always safer to go with the standard product and installation in the area. That way, the installers are familiar with the installation process, and, if you need a repair in the future, most roofers can get the material and are prepared to install it.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 11-16-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

McHale replaced the roof on two homes for us in the last couple of years. Very happy with the experiences.

With anything having to do with houses I always think about resale. (Yes, we have moved a lot ha.) Nobody will NOT buy your home because it has standard shingles. Some people MIGHT possibly be scared off by a metal roof just because it is different and they don't know anything the product. Just something to consider.

Good luck with your roof replacement.

kathy
Old 11-19-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
McHale replaced the roof on two homes for us in the last couple of years. Very happy with the experiences.

With anything having to do with houses I always think about resale. (Yes, we have moved a lot ha.) Nobody will NOT buy your home because it has standard shingles. Some people MIGHT possibly be scared off by a metal roof just because it is different and they don't know anything the product. Just something to consider.

kathy
Resale is what we are thinking about in the long run. We haven't decided whether we are going to stay where we are or look for something different.... It depends on if we find our "dream" home or not.... But I will say we aren't ruling anything out at this time, but time will tell.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post

kathy
I agree. In the construction industry, change comes very slowly, and "different" is often viewed as not a good thing.

Maybe not a fair comparison, but, I remember when they used aluminum wiring, polybutylene water pipes, and Chinese drywall. All with disastrous results.
Closed Thread

Tags
roofing, companies, metal, roof, lightening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.