Safe and Sound Roofing, LLC

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2021, 08:47 AM
Default Safe and Sound Roofing, LLC

Safe and Sound Roofing. The company began replacing the roof yesterday and broke off an outside spigot in the morning. The roofers didn't have a pair of pliers to turn off the water so I did. I called the Derek, the company salesman, at about 11:00 a.m. to let him know of the problem and that a plumber was needed. They sent out an employee, Aaron who wasn't a plumber, but said he could fix it. He couldn't remove the covering on the broken (PVC?) pipe and said he'd contact the owner Mike R. to get a plumber out. Later I was told by Aaron that Mike said if I want a plumber it would be at my expense. The owner Mike showed up and said he could repair it. I later spoke with Mike and he said it was more difficult than contemplated and left. I called the office several times for status and was told by Tina (?) that Mike was getting parts for the repair. I called again around 4:40 p.m. and spoke with Tina again and she said she'd texted Mike and Jeromy, the other owner, to get back to me. At 5:30 p.m. and still no word and more to the point no water.

Mike returned and made a temporary repair that leaked, almost a stream of water, and said he'd return tomorrow. I turned the water off overnight and when I turned it back on this morning it was still leaking. I called the company at 8:00 a.m. to let them know it's still leaking.

I'm writing this so you'll know how the company treats its customers when they damage your property.

This is from their website:

"Our goal is to ensure all Safe & Sound Roofing clients have the great experience from start to finish. One of our account managers will help you at every step."

They haven't lived up to that.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken pipe.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	91951   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Spigot.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	91952  

Last edited by rkdormantv; 01-03-2022 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Resolved. The other owner, Jeromy, reimbursed me for the licensed plumber repair.
Old 12-17-2021, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts
Default Thanx for the warning.

In your shoes, I might tell them that only a licensed plumber is acceptable and if they don't call one within the hour. And, if they don't get back to you at the end of the hour you will call plumber of your choice and they will get to pay the bill. If they balk, "see you in small claims court".
The only reason I can think why they wouldn't have gotten a plumber immediately is that they may not be licensed, bonded and insured. For a plumber to fix their damage shouldn't be too much from the look of the picture.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:52 PM
Default Have you paid roofer?

Hopefully not! Hire a plumber….get receipt and reduce payment to roofer by that amount.

Never heard of this roofer. How long have they been in business!
Old 12-20-2021, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

OP, the company is a licensed roofing company in Florida. I would suggest that you go to this website and file a complaint against them with the Florida license department.

Licensing Portal - License Search

Also, I hope you didn't pay for the roofing work in advance. If you didn't, then just get the hose bibb repaired by a plumber and withhold the cost from the roofer. If you did pay in advance, never, ever do that again with any contractor.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,193 Times in 761 Posts

Don't pay him for the roof, until the plumbing is fixed.....
Old 12-20-2021, 04:15 PM

such a simple repair, they should have taken care of it.. what a way to lose a reputation
Old 12-20-2021, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Hope it wasn’t an assignment of benefits claim.🤦

Tags
mike, called, water, company, plumber

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.