Sale of home

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2019, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
Keep in mind that the priority of the Villages Realty is to sell new homes, used homes are not! Some Village Really people will show your home and then tell the prospective buyer that they can get newer home for blah, blah, blah!
Los and lots and lots of used home sales are handled by TV sales staff. So if their intent is to get people to buy new construction, they are failing.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Keep in mind that the priority of the Villages Realty is to sell new homes, used homes are not! Some Village Really people will show your home and then tell the prospective buyer that they can get newer home for blah, blah, blah!
We ran into that as well years ago.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:35 AM
Default Tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Let me say it in a way that everyone can’t get it.

My current annual tax bill is $2700.
My current home market value is $400,000.00.

To buy a new home with market value of $300,000.00 within the Wildwood City Tax zone, the annual tax would be $4800.
So, if I bought a home valued 100K less than my current home, my tax bill would still go up $2100.

Let me add a suggestion. Before making up your own mind, look at your last tax bill, then ask an agent what the annual tax would be for that home in wildwood city tax zone. In my case if I just replaced my home in that zone, I would go from $2700 to $6400. A fair share of that increase is because my tax’s are based on my being in Sumter county for ten years.
Do you know about Portability ?
Old 11-17-2019, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
That is not true. Our rep showed us used homes the second time because we wanted to see them. The reps make the same percentage new or used and they do not need to do ANYTHING to sell homes here, new OR used. Their new and used business is thriving. It is hard to find a home that is long on the market unless the sellers are asking too much, didn't keep it clean, present it well, or if they stay during the listing and HOVER,. Well priced, clean homes that are used sell fast and new homes sell fast too. NO. I don't sell houses, never have, nor does anyone in my family or any friends. AND I don't know the Morse family, although a step brother is a neighbor. Met him once.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Maybe it’s just me, but I never negotiate a real estate person’s commission down. I never try to short change them. They work way too hard most of the time, not necessarily just on the house I’m selling or buying. I worked in real estate for one month and that was enough. Being available 24 hours, showing vacant houses to questionable individuals etc did me in immediately. If I don’t want to pay commission I sell my own home. Or go for a set fee broker. As for house price, I offer the amount that a particular house is worth to me and the seller can determine if they consider it a fair price to them. Works for me so far.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasetti82 View Post
Do you know about Portability ?
Good question

https://www.lakecopropappr.com/pdfs/Portability_FAQ.pdf
Old 11-21-2019, 03:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

OK, sorry I took so long, but I have gone to the Experts at the Villages homes and finally got a printout on my current property tax vise property tax on a comparable home within the wildwood city tax zone. I said my tax would truly double. When considering the increased bond, it would more than double. I caution anyone considering this, due your due diligence and check closely. I may still move, but financial facts are important to me. When someone calls you wrong here without facts, that is just fictional gossip. Or as we here so much today, FAKE NEWS!
Old 11-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
OK, sorry I took so long, but I have gone to the Experts at the Villages homes and finally got a printout on my current property tax vise property tax on a comparable home within the wildwood city tax zone. I said my tax would truly double. When considering the increased bond, it would more than double. I caution anyone considering this, due your due diligence and check closely. I may still move, but financial facts are important to me. When someone calls you wrong here without facts, that is just fictional gossip. Or as we here so much today, FAKE NEWS!
So with an additional bond, your “taxes” would be doubled? Is that to say it was fake news because taxes are taxes and bonds are bonds?
Old 11-21-2019, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
So with an additional bond, your “taxes” would be doubled? Is that to say it was fake news because taxes are taxes and bonds are bonds?
No Sir, LOL, that is not at all what I am saying.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
We ran into that as well years ago.
That was true many years ago, but it's not true now. Our original TV sales agent sold our used home in less than a day for over the asking price price. It hadn't even been posted on the web site yet nor had an agents' open house. Two offers, both over asking, both from renters.

I think the rental season is an opportune to put a house on the market, even with a pool. Everyone who bought on our next neighborhood last year was a renter who said This place is fun, let's buy! It was very spontaneous.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Well, well, we’ll. Looked at new home in monarch grove. The home cost is 1/2 of the sale price of my current home. Read that sentence again. Sounds good, but, but ,but, The annual tax on that 1/2 price new home would be twice, yes 2 times the current annual tax on my current home. Really, yes really. I’m still dizzy from that, and confused why I would even consider moving. I could replace every appliances, my entire heating/air unit and even my roof for less than the tax increase foe ten years. Plus, I would give up my perfect location for a questionable location near a Fenny. WOW, what was I thinking. I love my house and I will stay right here.
I need some clarification, moving to Wildwood into a home half the cost you own now will cause your real estate taxes alone to more than double?

In that case, it would be good for you to approach the Wildwood commissioners for an explanation and get the word out to future purchasers. That fact alone, which you provided, will discourage many buyers from the Wildwood area.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,614 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I need some clarification, moving to Wildwood into a home half the cost you own now will cause your real estate taxes alone to more than double?

In that case, it would be good for you to approach the Wildwood commissioners for an explanation and get the word out to future purchasers. That fact alone, which you provided, will discourage many buyers from the Wildwood area.
The Wildwood millage rate is about 3.4, which they claim is the lowest rate in 30 years. On a $300K house, that will add about 1,000 dollars to the overall tax bill. But, I can understand how a new house in Sumter County could have a tax bill twice as much as an older house in Sumter County. Most of the difference is that older houses seem to have lower assessed values than newer houses, even though they may have a similar market value. And, the Wildwood City component also contributes to the higher tax.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The Wildwood millage rate is about 3.4, which they claim is the lowest rate in 30 years. On a $300K house, that will add about 1,000 dollars to the overall tax bill. But, I can understand how a new house in Sumter County could have a tax bill twice as much as an older house in Sumter County. Most of the difference is that older houses seem to have lower assessed values than newer houses, even though they may have a similar market value. And, the Wildwood City component also contributes to the higher tax.
Is this due to homesteading or is there a flaw in the assessment system? I live in Lake County and my full value assessment seems to be in line with market value however my homestead value based upon homesteading in 2010 is substantially lower than the published market value.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,614 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Is this due to homesteading or is there a flaw in the assessment system? I live in Lake County and my full value assessment seems to be in line with market value however my homestead value based upon homesteading in 2010 is substantially lower than the published market value.
I live in Lake County also. I think the assessment process can account for the tax differences, and I think it also applies to Sumter County. I purchased my house new in 2016, and the assessed value was $25,000 less than than the purchase price for that year. Three years later, the market value has increased by about $50,000, but the assessed value for taxes has only increased by $4,000. So, now the assessed value is about $72,000 less than the market value.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Perfect. Thanks for a better explanation than I could get out.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, list, closing, villages, properties

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.