Samsung refrig/freezer repair needed

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Thanks for the parts list. I have a relatively new Samsung French Door but the ice maker always gets jammed. Usually that's due to opening the refrig so much and letting "warmish" air in which slightly melts the ice and causes it to freeze in large lumps. "Geek Squad" usually just orders every part within a 2 foot radius of the problem and figures one of the parts should do it.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Veteran member

I have the Samsung RF25HMEDBSR. Already replaced the ice maker once but it still freezes up about once a month or so. Have it set at -2deg. & 37deg. as per the manual. I'm wondering if I set the freezer a little higher it might prevent the ice maker from freezing up. I think I bought this thing from Best Buy. So, they know which repair parts to buy? You say Geek Squad repairs the frig??
Old 06-19-2018, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Geek Squad came out today and installed all the parts that were shipped to us. Said to dump the first round of ise as it may have plastic parts mixed in. But after about 36 hrs our ice maker should be “good to go”.

No charge, presumably due to the extended warranty.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
Would you be willing to make a copy of the part number(s) for this new designed ice maker repair kit? Or a picture of the label?

And then share it on this post for us who have to repair our own.

I know how to look up parts but I would like to see if there is any difference in the "new" kit compared to the last one I purchased a year or so ago.

Thanks very much....
Don
Please do! With the heat now here, our portable ice maker is working OT and I don't want to scratch a check for a new frig. if I can fix this ice maker in our Samsung.

UPDATED - Thanks for the pics!!!

Last edited by kcrazorbackfan; 06-19-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
samsung, ice, repair, found, advance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.