Sand Blasting Needed

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2019, 03:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Sand Blasting Needed

I have an old Singer sewing machine base that needs to be glass or sand blasted. Does anyone know of a company that does that?
Old 08-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Google maps shows several sandblasting companies, none real close to TV, but this would at least give you a starting point for making phone calls. You might be able to use a spray or liquid paint remover, if you cannot get anyone to do sand blasting. One word of caution, since you mentioned this is a base, make sure all of the sand has been completely removed, if it get into the sewing machine it could make a real mess.
Also, there are some eco friendly paint removers, they take a little more time.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:28 PM
Veteran member

There is no sewing machine. It has been a table with a marble top. Everyone in the family has one. I can't use gel or liquid paint remover. In removing the remover I am afraid I will flip it on myself and get burned....it has happened before. The best thing with the ornate cast iron is glass peening or sandblasting. A little wire brushing before painting, then a primer/paint and it's done.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

BigGuy, you missed my point on the organic (non burning) paint removers, these are slower than the "good stuff" but much safer, I think you would find these would work very well.

Tags
sand, blasted, glass, company, needed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.