Security system?

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2020, 07:45 AM
Default Alarms

We have had Village Alarms for 2 years now. No problems at all. Andre did a great job for us.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:51 AM
Default Alarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Anyone familiar with Village Alarms? I want a security system installed with motion detectors. Other recommended companies?
You can buy one like Lorex which overs a wide variety of features including night vision, motion detection, water proof, wireless and with a DVR recorder. Easy to install. They have a wide variety of price ranges depending on features and functions and the number of cameras. There are lots of video surveillance systems out there where you can monitor from anywhere with your smart phone and eliminate the monthly fee of an alarm company. I would visit best buy to see what's out there and have the sales people help you for openers. You can also check You Tube by asking for the top 10 video surveillance systems and read the reviews.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:05 AM
Veteran member
Default Another vote for Simply Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Installed Simply Safe system myself. Very easy to do. Your choice of monitoring or not. I believe monitoring isn’t always necessary. Once the siren blares the invader will turn tail quickly because he will assume the police are on their way.
We like them. Installed when we were in a new neighborhood with empty lots all around us. Made us feel more secure. Still put it on at night or when traveling
Old 07-08-2020, 08:26 AM

I installed a Ring system in a couple of houses. Took me about 10 minutes per window and door. Very inexpensive and works well. I don’t have it monitored ($10/month) because as a fellow poster pointed out if that siren goes off I don’t think an intruder will hang around to get to know my neighbors.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:58 AM

Get simpli safe install your self and save a lot of money for 15 a month it sends out to police
Old 07-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Default Village Alarm

Quote:
Anyone familiar with Village Alarms? I want a security system installed with motion detectors. Other recommended companies?
Village Alarm is the best alarm system in the area. They are a local company. Andre Gordon is the owner and also lives in the area. I have had them for several years and am very satisified.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:35 AM
SUENRAN
Default Village Alarm

Used Village Alarm and were very happy with their work and the quality. They explained all the functions and assisted online when we had a minor issue. Would recommend.

Careful about wireless systems as they can be defeated.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I have had them and very satisfied
Old 07-08-2020, 09:51 AM

use simply safe and install yourself. I've done it and the monthly monitoring is like $16 per month.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphil11ort View Post
use simply safe and install yourself. I've done it and the monthly monitoring is like $16 per month.
Simply safe can’t be beat. Had them and their equity for 12 years. Best there is out there in security alarms.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:01 AM

I selected Village Alarm 3 years ago. They installed the system and set me up with monitoring. It was worth paying up front for the system as the monthly cost was about 1/2 of ADT's saving me about $250/year. I had a system failure last year and they were very responsive and repaired the main key pad within 24 hours. I highly recommend them.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Smile Villages Alarm

I have used their system for over 5 years. No issues, works well and they provide great support. I would not hesitate to use them again if I purchased another new home.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:48 PM

Inherited a Villages Alarm system with new house and very happy with pricing and customer service. Added a very affordable camera system with Villages Alarm after purchase. Have some DIY systems up north and there is a difference. Do your homework and get the system that works for you. Your needs may be different than others posting here.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Simplisafe. Easy peasy. Low monthly monitoring fees. Does not depend upon your home phone line.

Tags
security, system, familiar, village, alarms

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.