Seeking Kitchen Cabinet Advice

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Default Seeking Kitchen Cabinet Advice

Our IRIS model came with a Wine Rack. We’d like to have that taken out along with the smaller cabinet above it & replaced with a regular cabinet with a stained glass panel.

Looking for advice on getting that done (especially from those who have done that) & recommendations for someone to do that.

Thanks very much!
Old 11-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemscatTV View Post
Our IRIS model came with a Wine Rack. We’d like to have that taken out along with the smaller cabinet above it & replaced with a regular cabinet with a stained glass panel.

Looking for advice on getting that done (especially from those who have done that) & recommendations for someone to do that.

Thanks very much!
Call Warranty and find out who put them in. The same people would probably help you with what you want.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:20 PM

I agree with Gracie's advice and will add my own story. We bought a new house and about a year later decided to add a second pantry cabinet in the kitchen, to sit side by side with the other pantry cabinet. Our cabinets are made by Homecrest and are a medium tone maple, ginger color, with a contrast stain. Our installer knew that Homecrest had changed the ginger color and made sure to note that on the order. The first set of cabinet doors didn't come close to the right color. The second set of cabinet doors had a grain in them that weren't present in the rest of the kitchen. I then gave the installer one of my kitchen doors to match the grain and color. Needless to say, this process took months, with part of the time missing one cabinet door in the kitchen.

The third set of doors too was not a great match, but I was frustrated and wanted the job done, and they were good enough. Most people don't notice, but I do. And as they get older, they age and change color naturally, which may make them even more different.

I give you my story as a cautionary tale. Kitchen cabinets are expensive. In most of our homes, we have open floor plans and the kitchen is a major focal point. If I had to do it again, I would seriously consider changing out all the doors in a contiguous section, so that they all match. I give kudos to Summers Cabinets, who worked diligently to get me the cabinet doors over and over again, and would do so until we were satisfied. I wish I had had the patience to keep going or the foresight to have them done for the whole section in the beginning.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Sage

Good advice, Waverunner. We ordered additional cabinets from Homecrest within the first year and fortunately, they all matched.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:24 PM

I had my kitchen cabinets modified by Bailey Industries in Leesburg. I replaced several cabinets and added cabinets with glass in the doors with lighting above the existing cabinets. Although I had to wait a long time for the job to be completed the finished product was more than I hoped for. Baileys has a beautiful showroom and their salespeople are experienced and knowledgeable.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,245 Posts

I was able to get matching cabinets from Timberline Properties (the original installer) that matched existing cabinets exactly. I agree with Gracie's comments, start with home warranty.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

We had Bailey's in Leesburg put in additional base cabinets and counter top in an approx 10 year old home. They worked with the Home Warranty department, and was given the style, stain number and counter shade. No problems, excellent install, and delivered before the due date. A pleasure to work with them.

Tags
cabinet, advice, glass, panel, stained

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.